A Drumming Room...

xsarith

Hey guys, I live in a 5 bedroom house and up until recently all the rooms were full, but now my 2 of my brothers have gone there are 2 spare rooms so I thought since my kit takes up all my room (so much room in my room that my clothes are kept in a wardrobe out side my room) I would move my into another room and keep my kit in the original one.

Its great, I now have a room dedicated to drumming, I just now need something to fill the empty space in the room around the kit so I though what better people to ask then other drummers. So, if you had/have/want a drumming room, what would put in it?

I might even make it also a chill-out/music room like I was thinking like a sofa, with some nice speakers, and a mini fridge would make it a nice chill out room for me and my friends and band, but I want it mainly about drumming still.

Any thoughts guys?

I bought a led light recently (link below) and because my room is pitch black with the lights off it does more than enough to light the room.

I leave it on a cycle that goes through all the colours and it inspires lots of creativity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pEV0GVcUoA&feature=player_embedded

Of course I only use it when jamming, when I'm practicing I think it's important to be able to see everything perfectly.

If you haven't already noticed, your room probably sounds a bit boomy compared to before you removed all the stuff, you could hang some cool looking sheets/curtains from the wall to control it.

In the lowest area of your house, preferably the basement.

Dennis

Go to the Gearslutz studio building forum and learn about bass traps and other acoustic treatment. After you've done all that, then yeah, a couch, small desk for a laptop. Pretty soon you'll start recording and get a rack for external preamps and such. It never ends.

Oh, and a Lava Lamp. An absolute necessity.

Thanks for the replies guys, the LED light looks pretty cool and of course a lava lamp is a must, I already have about 3 lying around the house somewhere already haha.

Unfortunately I cant choose the room the drums are in, its just a spare bedroom, so pretty much as high in the house as you could get except the attic and like Dre25 said it sounds pretty boomy so a trip over to the gearslutz form is gonna be on the list of things to do. If only I had lots of money for recording gear, every time I get money there's always something I want for my drums instead haha.

Back