SnareDrum Transformation

Thanks lads. The change is amazing and cheap compared to other wraps, and much easier than all of the stripping, sanding, and painting I did on the other set.

Looks great Grunt! How wide are your in lays on the hoops? Did you cut the grooves on the hoops your self. I'm thinking that's what I'll do with my hoops.

The hoops are not inlaid just wrapped around the hoops. I asked him about that and he said no worry. Same tape on one end and 8 claws to hold it in place.

Inspired by Grunt's work, I went and did one of my own. I got the birds-eye-maple-fade and put it on my DrumCraft Aluminum snare. I like the end result. Thanks Grunt for turning us on to this!

Wow. I have this exact snare. I wouldn't think the wrap would look this good. It does. The sound range of this drum is insane.

Wow. I have this exact snare. I wouldn't think the wrap would look this good. It does. The sound range of this drum is insane.

Thanks, Tooch! I too am very impressed with this snare and you are right about the sound range you can get from it.

Back