MOUNTING TOMS ON RACK?!?!

Liquidity

All right. I have a pdp tube rack system and Tama tom mounts. When i set my toms on the mount spike, the still rotate freely, even after tightening as much as possible. I would love to be able to move them to the side and tighten instead of having to let them submit to gravity's will and just hang straight. Is this normal, or am I doing it wrong?

tl;dr: are toms supposed to be tight on the mounting spike or loose?

PDP rack, Tama tom arms clamped to the rack, what type of drums with what type of mounting hardware? Sounds like the brackets on the toms expected a large diameter L-arm than your tom mounts have.

All right. I have a pdp tube rack system and Tama tom mounts. When i set my toms on the mount spike, the still rotate freely, even after tightening as much as possible. I would love to be able to move them to the side and tighten instead of having to let them submit to gravity's will and just hang straight. Is this normal, or am I doing it wrong?

tl;dr: are toms supposed to be tight on the mounting spike or loose?

Sounds like you have 10.5mm tom arms and 12.7mm mounts on the drum. You will need to get tom arms that fit the mounting hardware on the drums. Gibraltar tom mounts like these will definitely work on the Gretsch toms (which have Gibraltar GTS mounts on them). Make sure that you select the 12.7mm option!!

Yes! What was said above ^. Peace and goodwill.

I thought the title said "mounting toms on crack". I guess that's what all caps do to me, lol.

I don't have a rack, so I'll go.

Dennis

Back