Frustration update...

MaryO

Platinum Member
So someone asked me earlier how my drumming was going after my meltdown last week. Here's where I'm at:

I don't hate my drums anymore (or at least we're back to our normal love/hate relationship)

I've stopped working the two songs that were driving me mad, for a while anyways, I'll get back to them eventually.

At lessons this week, we went in a totally different direction and started working on some buzz rolls. So far, while I'm not very good at them, I'm actually enjoying the new challenge and learning a new technique.

So, all is good in my world for the moment. Thanks again to all of you for allowing me to rant and rave and still offering encouragement and support. It looks as if you all are going to be stuck with me for a while as I'm just too darn stubborn to quit.

Mary O.

Happy Drumming!

It looks as if you all are going to be stuck with me for a while as I'm just too darn stubborn to quit...

And that Mary, is the best way to think about it, and we're all glad to be stuck with you on this forum, just keep on drumming and enjoy yourself doing it :))

Yeah just remember this feeling now next time you run into a roadblock, just find a new route~

Great to hear, stick at it. (no pun intended!)

I think we all have our nemesis songs, I could fill at least an album or two!

There's so much to learn in this realm that it's ok to approach things from another direction and I think its great that you're doing that. No point in banging your head against the wall for something you're doing for fun. Just keep at it!

Well done Mary! I'm sure everyone goes through those moments - (I know I do). Hang in there and keep having fun! :)

Mary, attitude is everything. You can't become great if you don't experience failure. It's what drives you to not fail next time around. Abraham Lincoln suffered so many setbacks before becoming the icon he is today. You learn the most about yourself from your failures...how you deal with them, how you let failure affect you, your attitude towards failure. Failure is the next closest thing to success. Think of it this way, all the Olympians who got the silver or bronze medal were technically failures. So give yourself a bronze medal (new cymbal!)

So someone asked me earlier how my drumming was going after my meltdown last week. Here's where I'm at:

I don't hate my drums anymore (or at least we're back to our normal love/hate relationship)

I've stopped working the two songs that were driving me mad, for a while anyways, I'll get back to them eventually.

At lessons this week, we went in a totally different direction and started working on some buzz rolls. So far, while I'm not very good at them, I'm actually enjoying the new challenge and learning a new technique.

So, all is good in my world for the moment. Thanks again to all of you for allowing me to rant and rave and still offering encouragement and support. It looks as if you all are going to be stuck with me for a while as I'm just too darn stubborn to quit.

Mary O.

Happy Drumming!

I've been playing for over 30 years Mary, and there are still simple things that drive me daaft! That said, I enjoy playing way too much to get hung up about them. Just enjoy what you can do and keep trying what you cant'. It'll come good in the end.

Back