Searching for Ludwig Vistalite kick

M

MichaelR

Hey, friends. My name is Michael. I'm new here and I hope to be warmed to this forum because it definitely does kick ass! Definitely hit me up and we'll get to know each other. It's always a privilege to meet fellow drummers!

Anyhoo, I've been thinking about replacing my 22" vistalite kick with either a 24" or a 26". Definitely love the big ones! Could someone here recommend me some good websites to look for these besides ebay and craigslist?

Hey man! Welcome to the forums :)

You can get them new. All you need to do is go to your local dealer and order one in, better new than used. Especially since Vistalite's are renowned for cracking.

http://www.ludwig-drums.com/drumkits/vistalite.php

All you need is the drum code (LB962V) etc.
That's a 24", I think you'd need to contact your local dealer for sizes, but you could always try out RCI or SJC drums. Those shells are supposed to be wicked! And SJC go up to 28" I believe and it's a custom order so you get much more colour options than Ludwig offer.

Try websites like Gumtree too, but I doubt you'd find a vistalite there :/

Thanks
Chris

The street price for a 24x14 new vistalite ludwig kick is around 850+ for the one drum in a smaller slection of colors (when I had my local pro shop check 2-3 months ago) and you can't get a new 26x14 unless it's from a bonham shell pack.

I found if you bought a new shell (any depth you want) from RCI (they supply all the custom companies) and had it drilled and added hardware you would save big time. Just google RCI acrylic shells and you'll find sites selling them. Other than that a vintage one on ebay, where they pop up all the time is an option, but if you plan to match a rarer color be prepared to wait.

I lucked out and got a vistalite 22x14 15x12 18x16 on CL for 600ish. I plan to get a 26x16 13x10 and 16x16 made up with RCI shells so I can have all sizes covered.

Check out precision drum: www.precisiondrum.com
They sell the RCI shells. They have 24" shells in the $300 - $400 range and 26" shells in the $400 - $500 range.
bearing edges usually run around $40 - $50.

You can drill them yourself or have them do it for an extra price. It's way cheaper.
They are a great company.

Keep looking on Craigslist. Of course the seller will have some fantasy about how much they should go for but if you offer fast cash and a 'reasonable' offer, you'll luck out. My 24, 16, 14, 13 clear kit was procured on Craigslist for 600 bucks. He wanted 900.

Don't sweat that 'they will crack' stuff. Unless you're in a really authentic Who tribute band, you won't have to worry. I've been touring with a 1975 Vistalite kit for years now and they're way more solid than they're given credit for. Treat them with respect and they'll return the favor.

Back