Is a mapex a good set?

Yeah I got it now. I wasn't sure to go with that are a tama. Now I'm gonna do symbols. Keeping all of my old ones though!

I'm just going out on a limb here,but are you a little new at this?Symbols?It's actually cymbals.

Tama by the way make great drums,and is a leader in the industry,and actually sells more drums than Mapex.I'm not dumping on Mapex,who makes great drums also,but like I said before,maybe you haven't listened to enough brands,and different shell materials to make a better informed decision.

Take your time.There's no reason to rush.I know its exciting to be buying new drums,but just slow down,and take the time to learn about the instrument.Educate yourself a little,you won't regret it.:)

Steve B

My Meridian Maple 6 piece set in BirdsEye maple came in on Friday.

My buddy who has a DW Collectors series came over as I was putting new heads on it and seemed to be pretty impressed with the build quality as well as the tone after we got them tuned up.

...and I got a REALLY good deal on them. I think they are a fantastic value.

I'm just going out on a limb here,but are you a little new at this?Symbols?It's actually cymbals.

Tama by the way make great drums,and is a leader in the industry,and actually sells more drums than Mapex.I'm not dumping on Mapex,who makes great drums also,but like I said before,maybe you haven't listened to enough brands,and different shell materials to make a better informed decision.

Take your time.There's no reason to rush.I know its exciting to be buying new drums,but just slow down,and take the time to learn about the instrument.Educate yourself a little,you won't regret it.:)

Steve B
Haha my dad is selling it to me for 200 dollars versus getting a low end tama. It's also normally like a couple thousand dollar set and with its ec2s its sounds amazing. So I'm set to keep it for a long time!

Iv,e had many kits in the past 50 yrs first was a new Rogers kit in Cleveland 1960 kept until 1993 then many other kits.Tama .Pearl and a few Mapex Saturn and Orion birdseye
maple great set but to heavy for a old guy. I,m now on my second Crush kit and wow you won,t know until you try them. Iv,e never been good enough foe a DW kit but I love the Crush sound. I have the maple tour kit 20x18 kick drum sounds like a canon and the snare is a 13 lots of snap, but thats what works for me, Today kits have come a long way the quality is much better so enjoy your drumming and keep on banging. jz.

Back