Went to see Bad Company and Joe Walsh last night

Drumlove65

Bad Co rocked the night with an almost two hour set. Simon Kirke, a drummer for whom I have a tremendous amount of respect, played right in the pocket for every song they played. He was playing a four piece DW kit and I think the kick was a 26 inch cannon. He really played right on the nugget.

Joe Walsh's show was pretty good but I couldn't really hear the drums that well.

All in all a great show.

How was the dude from the black crowes on guitar for Bad Co? Going to see the show on the 28th. Was a bit disappointed when Mick Ralphs pulled out of the tour.

How was the dude from the black crowes on guitar for Bad Co? Going to see the show on the 28th. Was a bit disappointed when Mick Ralphs pulled out of the tour.

What? when did that happen.

Dayum...
... Seeing these guys tomorrow night. I'm stoked.

Rich Robinson is a great guitar player, love his work with the Crowes. He has been overshadowed a bit by some of the other guitarists in the Crowes like Mark Ford and Luther Dickinson when it comes to leads, but he will be a good addition.

Yep. St. Louis and it was a perfect night for the outdoors.

Bad Co opened the night and it was solid from beginning to end. They played all the hits (sorry, no Free All Right Now). Howard Leese (Heart) and Rich Robinson just played while Paul Rogers was the man and the voice. All Instruments sounded excellent. Stage was minimal with some background visuals and mirrorball. I'm going to put Bad Co performance as one of my Top 3 of all time. I was that impressed.

Joe Walsh was good, no, he was great... but there were some disappointments. First, he only played 80 minutes. 2nd, he played Analog Man, which IMO is not that good. I just don't think of it as a Walsh song, but more of Jeff Lynne song. Anyway, he also interrupted Funk #49 with DJ Clayton Janes, playing a vintage modular synthesizer and did some electro massacre to the song. It was just jarring.

Joe Vitale and Chad Cromwell looked great on stage and they sounded awesome together. Vitale flipped between the kit and keyboards quite a bit.

Joe played some monster hits and just rocked the place. But as I said before it was relatively short... and no encore. Rocky Mountain Way and boom the lights came up.

Here's a well written review of the night...

Joe Walsh, Bad Company reignite hit songs from the 70s

Thanks for that. I am sure the band mates will talk about it at rehearsal tonight! Do you play in a band in the area?

I am just getting back into looking. I've been out of a band for a few months. Audition this weekend. See what develops from that.

And you? Playing around town?

Yes. Playing in an old man classic rock cover band called Random Rooster. Just played Eddie's place last weekend. Private gig this weekend and then Terry and Kathy's in Defiance July 4. Good luck with the audition.

Back