Do you like Avril Lavigne?

Join the Group!

Guys (and Girls) That Like Avril Lavigne And Aren't Afraid To Admit It

GTLALAAATAI.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/group.php?groupid=44

The big acronym is pretty much a rip off of, PEWFLADCC, but out all the mod-attracting contriversy.

watermark.php

One of my favorite lines in which i quote as much as possible in life.

"Nothing rhymes with the word 'boy' quite like the word 'boy'. "
-Nutha Jason

i doubt he remembers saying this though considering i read it shortly after i joined this forum.

-Nutha Jason

i doubt he remembers saying this though considering i read it shortly after i joined this forum.

I dont get that quote. Could you explain? It's probably too deep for me to fathom.

and what does it have to do with this thread?

Not afraid to admit I like Avril and

-Nutha Jason

What does that have to do with the thread is my question...that is a real stumper!

I dont get that quote. Could you explain? It's probably too deep for me to fathom.

and what does it have to do with this thread?

I quote from the song "skater boy"...

"He was a skater boy, she said see ya later boy".

Nothing rhymes with the word 'boy' quite like the word 'boy.'

she puts a grimace on my face and pain in my ears.

but she makes money so i can't criticize too much.

No! To me she sounds like a 14 year old little girl. Through my granddaughter, I've heard a lot (A LOT) of her music. She's what, 25 years old? Sorry, I just don't get the appeal. To me, Taylor Swift is much more talented and only 18-19 years old.

No! To me she sounds like a 14 year old little girl. Through my granddaughter, I've heard a lot (A LOT) of her music. She's what, 25 years old? Sorry, I just don't get the appeal. To me, Taylor Swift is much more talented and only 18-19 years old.

Me and my sister saw that song and we actually knew exactly what chords were coming up from the first note. It's just so predictable and formulaec it's unbelievable. And so what if she's 19? Some people have written unbelievebly good songs when they were only 14 or 15, it's just that this bird has got famous a bit more quickly because her songs fit the formula of a RFUS down to a T.

Good lord i created a moster by coming to the defense of Avril in the Jonas Brothers thread. I think Avril is a very talented, well-rounded musician (not rounded THAT way, you perverts, okay, she is that too). She can play piano (very well imo), guitar (well enough to do a 3 chord progression), drums (well enought o keep a beat in time and throw in basic fills, sing (in tune) and write songs. Unless you can do all of that, you really shouldn't be criticizing her. Her songs are poppy and top-40-ish and she is selling sexiness, but she does it soooo well (eg.- that girlfriend song, the line she sings "i don't wanna hear you say her name ever again!!!" I was like, dammmnnn that was HOTTTT!!!) Unlike the Jonas Brothers who i always feel are puppets in a mega-corporate scheme and the object of teen exploitation, i just get the vibe that avril's producers and record company let her call all of her own shots and that's just the person she is.

i also like Kelly Clarkson, Nelly Furtado, Carrie Underwood, and Alanis Morrisette. Wanna fight over it or what???

Back