Pear Forum Used For $80

Can't he play your Brady, haha? (...by the way - where's the pictures?)
I think a Forum would be a little upgrade, though it's still a cheap beginners kit. You could at least buy it and you have som fun with it. Maybe make a hybrid? Buy triggers and use mesh heads or you have som fun with the finish. Maybe wrap it with a nice sparkle wrap.

I'd buy it, it's dirt cheap, but just to have fun with. :)
You brother would be happy.

Without an image it and at that price I'd assume it won't be a trade up. If the current kit is too small or unplayable a playable kit is alright. I would try to use your money on something more productive. Sticks & drumheads are in that price range and always required, a good drumhead can freshen up an old kit nicely. If you want to give him money to save for a better drum kit/cymbal that might be a better route. Occasionally high quality cymbals can be found on craigslist for not too much more.

Best of luck, you're helping define a life-long hobby.

Theres no way in hell I would let him play on my Brady xD. ( And about the Brady, I'm thinking about selling it to get me a custom Truth drum kit. But yes I got the usb cord, I just havent been in the "picture taking" mood haha, But I will have them on here soon :D ) But anyway, how old do you think this kit might be? The picture of it doesnt look half bad, but it defiantly could use some cleaning though. Is this one of the newer models or not ( I havent really looked at pearls in awhile haha) And my brother doesnt need anything to "high quality", he'd break it or something haha, I'm just thinking of getting this pearl for him because hes always been a big fan of pearl. On hes Sound Percussion kit he bought a pearl drumhead to go on the bass to give people an allusion that he has a pearl ( 9 year olds are stupid on things like that).

Last edited:
DO NOT SELL THE BRADY FOR A TRUTH.

I hate to use caps, but I'll (not to mention most of the board) would never forgive you if you did.

DO NOT SELL THE BRADY FOR A TRUTH.

I hate to use caps, but I'll (not to mention most of the board) would never forgive you if you did.

Why not? The brady is an amazing kit, but it doesnt really match my style. It looks a little funny when im playing in my metalcore band with a super fancy jazzy looking kit. I havent made my final decision yet... but idk me and my band really think I should get a Truth, or SJC. Anyway, lets get back on topic...

Who cares about looks?
Sound is really the most important factor.

Who cares about looks?
Sound is really the most important factor.

True. I dont know... Its just that I've wanted a Truth kit ever since I started drumming. All my favorite drummers use them, and its just been a dream of mine to own one. Then one day I stumbled across the deal of a lifetime on a kit that ive never even heard of. Now knowing that I could sell that kit and get my dream kit customized just right for me, instead of a kit that looks super fancy, but just not my style, I'd rather have a kit that I could choose the sizes I want and stuff, unlike the Brady... its just kinda a tough decision. Now lets please go back on topic about this Pearl Forum for my little bro.

True. I dont know... Its just that I've wanted a Truth kit ever since I started drumming. All my favorite drummers use them, and its just been a dream of mine to own one. Then one day I stumbled across the deal of a lifetime on a kit that ive never even heard of. Now knowing that I could sell that kit and get my dream kit customized just right for me, instead of a kit that looks super fancy, but just not my style, its just kinda a tough decision. Now lets please go back on topic about this Pearl Forum for my little bro.

Well, it's 80$... So if it's in good condition then go for it.

What configuration does your brother currently have? If he has the dinky little 12/15/20 Sound Percussion kit and the Pearl Forum is a 12/13/16/22 configuration, then you should totally jump on it!

Re: Brady kit...DON'T SELL IT!!! If you're concerned about your image when playing with your metalcore band, you can always borrow your brother's new Pearl Forum kit... :)

What configuration does your brother currently have? If he has the dinky little 12/15/20 Sound Percussion kit and the Pearl Forum is a 12/13/16/22 configuration, then you should totally jump on it!

Re: Brady kit...DON'T SELL IT!!! If you're concerned about your image when playing with your metalcore band, you can always borrow your brother's new Pearl Forum kit... :)

Yes he does have that crap 12/16/20 setup. haha.

And the main reason I want to sell the bradyfor a truth is its just the wrong config for me. its a 12x8/16x14/22x18 config with a 14x5 snare (I think these are accurate) The config I like is 10x7/12x8/16x16/22x20 with a 13x6 snare.

Not for nothing,but you can't give away custom drums.Just check out Ebay to see what I mean.Custom drums are just that....custom for YOU.The idea is to buy a set like that,and play them forever.And most ...not all but most custom builders are really just Keller or Eames shell drum finishers..so the great majority of these drum sets sound pretty much the same,reguardless of who you but them from,with little exception.

Keep the Bradys.They retain their retail value better than almost any maker out there,and they sound great.And plenty of metal guys play your configureation.Why not see if Brady will make you a 10" tom?

I can pretty much promise you that any Truth or SJC set will not sound as good nor will it match the build quality of Brady drums.

Steve B

How much for the Bradys? I say sell them. Truth is what you want. So how much for those Bradys?

You could post that link in the Pearl forum and they may be able to tell you the age.

For 80 bucks, I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Forums can sound really good with good heads and tuning, I played a forum for years before getting my current kit. Sounds like a good deal, you're unlikely to lose any money on this if you decide to sell it on later.

Those look to be 2004 - 2005 ish.....My Son has the same kit. A required purchase at that price. They are a solid kit.

Back