What Haven't You Played Yet but Really Want To?

I have never played on a vintage K cymbal. I would absolutely love to get the chance.

I've never even seen one in person.

Generally speaking, a wider selection of cymbals.

A small be bop kit as well as a more various percussion setup ala Trilok's. It's all coming, though.

Erhu. I just love the sound.

There isn't much I haven't played over the years.Certainly the big 5 American companies,as well as Premier and Sonor,and some European made kit's you probably haven't heard of like Tromsa and ASBA . I'd love to play one of Andys Guru kits for sure,and maybe a Croviotto as far as modern stuff.

.As far as Ringo cymbals,I have a pair of late 50's 14" Zildjian Hats and a 20" Zildjian crash/ride weight cymbal,that come REAL close to Ringos.Tons of wash.And NO,they're NOT for sale at any price.It just took me way to long to find them.:)

Steve B

Last edited:
Prior to the big realignment of Yamaha's drum lines I was certain I would be buying a set of Recording Customs for a retirement present. Now that I've ended up with a set of vintage 3-ply Ludwigs, I've been thinking that I might get a full shell bank of Legacy Exotics at some point. But I don't really have a list of must-plays. I like what I buy, I don't settle for anything, and I'm overall pretty happy with what I own. I do have a bucket list of snares, but that's a little different... That's just GAS =)

Andy, let me know if you are ever in So Cal. I have 7 modern Ludwig kits you can play....
That's really generous of you Bob. I've only had a brief knock on a classic a while back. Not enough to tell me anything really, but I did like it.

I'd love to play one of Andys Guru kits for sure
Steve B
One day Steve, one day :) Maybe you're going to Larry's East coast bash?

Yes, the east coast bash. Friendly reminder.

Andy, the drums look outstanding. I really like the look of the lugs.

Yes, the east coast bash. Friendly reminder.

Andy, the drums look outstanding. I really like the look of the lugs.
I so want to attend your bash Larry. If anything stops me, it will be a combination of sheer workload & lack of money for the transatlantic hop.

Thanks for your kind words on the drums too Larry, but wrong thread, LOL!

Brady kit and snare
Craviatto kit and snare
Yamaha PHX
Sonor SQ2, Delite, Prolite, hilite.
Ludwig Legacy
Jenkins and Martin Kit and Snare
Spizzichino Cymbals and Kit
I would also like to try some cymbal foundry cymbals to see if they are great cymbals at an even better price.

Thanks for your kind words on the drums too Larry, but wrong thread, LOL!

Ooops my bad. Officially old and senile. So I'm officially old and senile. I think I'm getting old and senile. I must be getting old and senile. I wonder if I'm going senile?

Guru (I plan to rectify this soon, though, via a snare drum)
Sonor Prolite
Vintage Gretsch round badge
Turkish Zildjian K (one of the really special ones)
Spizzichino anything
Rogers Dynasonic

Too many to name. This list would shorter if I just told you what I have played.

In a situation that cements my ability to make enough money to survive while playing what I want.

Back