MP3 player plugged into Mix-in only playing music in one ear of head-phones. Help pls..

FremanAhab

Hi,
I just purchased a Roland TD-3 electric drum kit and I have a problem that is giving me a bit of a headache. I've tried an ipod and a laptop, to play along with music while I wear headphones and the music is only coming out from the right ear. The drum's sounds are spread over the right and left ears as they should be, so it's not the headphone that are causing the problem.

I hope this is a typical problem and I'm just being ignorant :) but I haven't seen a thread posted about this.. thanks in advance!

So your iPod/computer is plugged into your sound module and you're supposed to be able to mix the music and the drums together, right?

It sounds like you're using a mono cable to lug in your iPod/computer. I'm assuming if you plug your headphones directly into the iPod/computer you're hearing that music in stereo, yes? If you're not getting it in stereo through your sound module, look at your cable - does the plug have one black band or two? If it's one, then you'll only get music out of one side. It needs two. How's that?

Back