Ahhh! Signature kits! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

loco517

Hello this is my first post on this website! Should i save up for this the new jason bittner shell pack coming out the joey jordinson pearl ex set(i found websites that still carry them) or the truth aaron gillespie kit. I am currently playing a tama imperialstar

p.s im dead set on one of those kits so please dont say like o that sucks get (x)

thanks!

Jason bittner (shadows fall): http://www.guitarcenter.com/Tama-Ex...-designed-by-Jason-Bittner-482840-i1398367.gc

Joey jordinson(slipknot): http://www.musiciansfriend.com/prod...-Double-Bass-Drum-Set?sku=446741&src=3SOSWXXA ithink this comes with hardware

Aaron Gillespie(underoath): http://www.myspace.com/aaronssignaturekit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn5BDG1YZQI

Again thanks!

Last edited:
jason bittners kit hands down. It's not the kit he really plays just the sizes. tama superstars are great drums. and for 1100 for just the drums is a great price. i paid 999 for a five piece superstar with hardware.

the JJ kit wouldnt be a step up considering its poplar which is wat ur tamas are...i think. The website says it's been discontinued.

thanks guys i think ill probaly get th jason bittner set because the truth aaron gillespie set is birch/poplar and that is kinda what i have in my set right?Thank you

Hmm well the drums that u have now are polar. the tamas are birch/bass wood. How manny plies of poplar are in the other kit?

How about none of them. You're paying for that guys name to be on the badges, you know?

I'd be looking used if I were you, seeing as you obviously want two kicks and multiple toms. Get your hands on a good kit, not some crappy basswood shelled thing that's marketed as being cool because they put powdercoated hardware and some guys name on it.

Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere.

So, to quote you, "O that sucks get (x)", an by x I mean a real kit.

if you've got dough in the mid 1500 area (im assuming cause of the price of the truth kit) then save some more and go for something a little better quality (and possibly custom)

since you have 3 different types of kits up there, why dont you tell us what number of drums and sizes your looking for?

How about none of them. You're paying for that guys name to be on the badges, you know?

I'd be looking used if I were you, seeing as you obviously want two kicks and multiple toms. Get your hands on a good kit, not some crappy basswood shelled thing that's marketed as being cool because they put powdercoated hardware and some guys name on it.

Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere.

So, to quote you, "O that sucks get (x)", an by x I mean a real kit.

Spot on!
You're mainly just paying for the name to be on the drums.
I would look else where if your going to spend over $1500.

I saw a Bittner kit last night and it looked cheap and chessy. I have to hand it to the company's marketing. The produce a entry level kit that appeals to a very young crowd and price it within reach.

The JJ kit was even cheaper looking than the JB kit.

There's a ton of young metal drummers out there with limited budgets who want a kit like thier heros. Great marketing, cheapo drums.

hmm superstars looking cheesy? The only thing i would change is the bass drum reso heads.

Ive only played the Joey Jordison set, and i really didnt like it at all. Which means you should probably get one of the other two.
but thats only my opinion.

I love that Aaron Gilespie kit. Another cool thing i've been lookin at is you can make your own kit and customize everything about at SJC http://sjcdrums.com/ I was thinking about doin this for my next kit

You don't tell us much about the reason you want one of those three. They're very different kits, both in terms of quality and size, so what made you go for them? Just the fact that your favourite drummers play them? Their taste and preferences are not going to be the same as yours, so don't buy an expensive kit just because someone's put their name on the badge.

What are you looking for in a drum kit? Do you want lots of toms and two bass drums? Keep in mind that those kits are a pain in the butt to haul around if you plan to do any gigging or you have to tear down and set up your kit often (in and out of rehearsal rooms, for example). Two bass drums also require a lot of space, both in terms of setting it up and when hauling it around.

That being said, do any of these kits match what the artist plays? I'm not sure if Aaron plays his signature kit, but JJ and JB do not. Bittner did play a Superstar for a few shows to help Tama promote the new line, but apart from that, he plays Starclassic series drums. Joey plays a 100% custom Masterworks kit, which is miles above the Export in quality, so you're not going to get anywhere near the same kit that he plays by buying his "signature" kit.

Last edited:
If it HAD to be one of those three I'd go for the Truth because it's my preferred set up and it looks cool. Plus the Birch makes for drums with a lot of punch and attack. The other two look a bit cheap and nasty.

I'd go with the Truth AG kit the quality alone is way better than the other two kits.

Truth isn't. mass-produced like Tama & Pearl.

I just went too there website & it said the AG kits are sold out just a heads up, But there is a reason for that Truth makes great drums.

Bonzolead

I'd go with the Truth kit, for the 24" kick. As stated, the JJ kit is not the pro-level kit kit JJ really uses. The JB kit is not the pro-level kit JB really uses, either. Truth, in sticking to the truth, admits their kit is an intermediate level kit. And I guess AG doesn't have a need for a pro-level kit, so kudos for them, "keeping it real", so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back