Concept Albums

Nitemare

Hey guys!

So my all time favorite band is Opeth, and they love concept albums. I was wondering if im the only one who still listens to albums in song order :p and if you like concept albums.

Thanks!

I like them, I'm in two bands with concept albums written and awaiting recording! It's nice when everything's linked in some way, I like that.

Yes, always liked concept albums - right back to when (arguably) the Moody Blues created the concept with "Days of Future Passed" in the mid-60s

I thought Cradle Of Filth`s Cruelty and the Beast based on the life of Elizabeth Báthory was really great.The subject matter never got boring and their were plenty of variety in the songs.On the other hand the same can`t be said about Nostradamus by Judas Priest..running at over 1:40 it was far too long,the subject matter grew tedious very quickly and they were far too many fillers.I really like Judas Priest but Nostradamus was pretty awful.

Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence.

Mars Volta - De-loused In The Comatorium (simply epic - nice avatar, btw)
Green Day - American Idiot (normally not a big fan of GD but like this one for some reason)
Pink Floyd - The Wall (Probably my all time fave)

I love them... But I've gotten lazy in the last year or two and mainly just listen to my ipod/android on shuffle...

Back