Anyone here endorsed by a stick company?

JakkP

Im looking for a stick endorsement and I was wondering was there anyone here who is endorsed by a stick company?

I endorse Vic Firth Sticks, but I don't think they endorse me.

Bermuda

Nope. There are artists who endorse stick companies, however. This is not NASCAR, drummers don't get sponsored.

Im looking for a stick endorsement......

Hey, if they're that easy....get me one while you're at it. I want free sticks too :)

Seriously, there are many threads here regarding endorsements. They are well worth the read and contain plenty of posts by endorsing artists as to just what is required to even be considered by a company in the first place (not in the least, the correct terminology as to who endorses who).

Check 'em out. If it were as simple a process as "looking for endorsements" we'd all have one.

Not toot my own FAQ, but the OP will find a good starting point at www.bermudaschwartz.com/endorsement If you can make it through the FAQ and still say "yeah, I'm eligible," then go for it.

Bermuda

In short:

1) Like a drum product a lot
2) Become marketable/visible to some extent
3a) Offer to endorse this product you like so much
3b) If you're extremely visible/marketable, the manufacturer may ask you for the endorsement

I'll say it again - the number of endorsing drummers, in proportion to the total number of drummers, is a VERY lopsided ratio.

Also, as is pointed out on Bermuda's FAQ, most drum-industry companies can smell someone just looking for a handout.

So you should be thinking: "I'd like to endorse a stick company, how do I go about this? can anyone here share their experience endorsing a stick company?"

Technically, I endorse lots of company's, there is just no paper work to back that up. At the lower tiers of endorsement status (where there is no free stuff), I'm don't really understand the difference between that and just extolling the virtues of a stick company in everyday life, like most of us already do. It seems like just a formality to get your name on paper at the company, then poof you now endorse company X. If there is no free stuff involved (no cost to the company), I don't know why anyone would be turned away and those lower levels. But if it were that easy, i think more people would be endorsing products... I just don't know.

If there is no free stuff involved (no cost to the company), I don't know why anyone would be turned away and those lower levels. But if it were that easy, i think more people would be endorsing products... I just don't know.

Some companies simply sign up everyone they can, charge them the "artist price", add them to a long list of unfamiliar names with no artist affilation, and call them endorsers.

But the truth is, an endorsement only means something if the endorser's choice of that product actually matters to the company's target buyers.

Bermuda

Yeah, I know, but this stuff just gets repeated ad nauseum. I'm really not sure why I bother at all though, a search will reveal all the answers needed.

Bermuda

Because the people who ask these questions ad nauseum never use the search?

Hay guys, what's the best double pedal?

Hay guys, what drum heads will let me sound like this YouTube clip?

Hay guys, I have a budget of $300, what drums should I buy?

Hay guys, I'm going to buy a bunch of cymbals blindly (deafly?) off of the internets, what should I get?

What I don't understand is how so many young players seem to think that comanies are just waiting to throw free gear at anyone who asks nicely. The very concept of that would make no sense on any level.

This is not specifically directed at OP; just a general observation about the endless "how do I get an endorsement" threads.

What I don't understand is how so many young players seem to think that comanies are just waiting to throw free gear at anyone who asks nicely. The very concept of that would make no sense on any level.

This is not specifically directed at OP; just a general observation about the endless "how do I get an endorsement" threads.

Well, the age of the YouTube sensation and some of these companies who throw "endorsements" around like candy have diluted what it means to a younger generation, who is already prone to stick their hand out before they do any work for it.

I've been playing for 26 years, and whether they know it or not, I endorse Yamaha, Evans, and Vic Firth. ;)

Because the people who ask these questions ad nauseum never use the search?

Hay guys, what's the best double pedal?

Hay guys, what drum heads will let me sound like this YouTube clip?

Hay guys, I have a budget of $300, what drums should I buy?

Hay guys, I'm going to buy a bunch of cymbals blindly (deafly?) off of the internets, what should I get?

Don't forget:

What drum key should I buy?

:)

What I don't understand is how so many young players seem to think that comanies are just waiting to throw free gear at anyone who asks nicely.

It was that very misconception that prompted me to post my information online in 1998, and later make it a permanent, updatable FAQ. This was well before companies thought it was important to make the info available, even though it would have saved them a lot of grief from prospective hopefuls that should have known they didn't have a shot at a deal. Various companies were aware and grateful that I'd posted the info, saying it was info they wish every player knew. Eventually, some form of endorsement info appears on pretty much every company's site, and a few companies have simply adopted my FAQ, which is flattering. :)

Bermuda

... and a few companies have simply adopted my FAQ, which is flattering. :)

Bermuda

I should think so! Are you at liberty to say which ones?

Back