Midwest Percussion Discount

JohnnyG

Honorary Lifetime CEO
Staff member
Midwest Percussion is having a post NAMM sale.
For the next 16 days anything ordered online that is over 99.00 before tax and or shipping will be discounted 16 percent by using the coupon code #BIG16. Offer good through 2/10/2012. Now go order that drum set or snare or cymbal set.
The Mayor has no ties to Midwest Percussion

Those guys have some of the lowest prices around and always some sort of coupon running. Good stuff

Looks like they've got all the new Ludwig hardware listed. Is the $275 Pro HH stand more palatable if 16% cheaper?

The IC lever glide is the best hi hat stand out there and its $85 cheaper. I would get that. I have a DW 9000 hi hat as well and I like the IC more

I'm going to make a plug for these guys since The Mayor himself mentioned them.

I purchased a Sonor Jungle Kit in 2011 and a Gretsch New Classic from them 3 weeks ago with absolutely no issues. John (I think the owner) is super nice to speak with as well.

I placed the order for the Sonor set on their site just during the time Sonor was turning over their new gear to the latest Select Force shell series (during Namm 2011). John called me right away and told me he'd be able to get them but there would be a long wait (possible 3-4 months) since no one had them available yet. He offered me the chance to cancel the order or not. I thanked him for calling me to let me know and kept the order as is since I was in no rush for them. Sure enough it took 3 months to get. If he didn't make that one call to me letting me know the delay, I would of been an unhappy customer - instead he set the expectation upfront.

The Gretsch New Classics were at my doorstep actually a couple days earlier than anticipated (about 8 days total).

I always use midwest percussion. They have the best prices that I can find anywhere and free shipping on orders over 100. which mine always seem to be. Even though I know I will buy from them I search the net, get 4 other prices and show my wife how much I am saving. She doesnt realize I dont really need all of this stuff, she just likes the best deal!

PLUG ALERT. Been using them since the late 90's, only one issue with them through the years and John took care of it.

Art always takes my orders and will routinely go check on shelf items for me. I wanted a certain ink print on a Neil Peart drumstick and that's what shipped to me. I asked if they had an item that was discontinued and no longer on their website. They did and they discounted it for me.

Like them on Facebook and you'll get all the good updates and discount codes.

Watch out for Midwest Percussion! I ordered a Mapex Meridian set there last spring that was supposed to come with a 20% gift card. The card did >NOT< arrive with the set and Midwest would not return any of my calls. Someone would answer and then say that they would forward my call to another guy. The call then immediately went to voicemail and was never returned. This happened 3 times!! They are lucky that the Colorado State Consumer Bureau is a complete waste of time and taxpayer money. Midwest got me for $140 but they also cost themselves any future business that they would have gotten from me. I've seen several other posts out on the web that documented cases just like this where Midwest cheated someone on bogus offers. If they have a coupon code they have to honor it. If it doesn't show up during checkout then back your order out and go somewhere else. Do >NOT< trust gift certificates or deferred offers from them. They can't be trusted! You might want to try www.justdrumsonline.com. Their prices are as good if not better than Midwest and they seem to have some sense of how important customer service and integrity are. These lessons are obviously lost on Midwest.

Last edited:
I always use midwest percussion. They have the best prices that I can find anywhere and free shipping on orders over 100. which mine always seem to be. Even though I know I will buy from them I search the net, get 4 other prices and show my wife how much I am saving. She doesnt realize I dont really need all of this stuff, she just likes the best deal!

Haha, good approach. "Honey, look at how much I'm saving by using ____ instead of ____." If you can show them the savings, you got it made...

Watch out for Midwest Percussion! I ordered a Mapex Meridian set there last spring that was supposed to come with a 20% gift card. The card did >NOT< arrive with the set and Midwest would not return any of my calls. Someone would answer and then say that they would forward my call to another guy. The call then immediately went to voicemail and was never returned. This happened 3 times!! They are lucky that the Colorado State Consumer Bureau is a complete waste of time and taxpayer money. Midwest got me for $140 but they also cost themselves any future business that they would have gotten from me. I've seen several other posts out on the web that documented cases just like this where Midwest cheated someone on bogus offers. If they have a coupon code they have to honor it. If it doesn't show up during checkout then back your order out and go somewhere else. Do >NOT< trust gift certificates or deferred offers from them. They can't be trusted! You might want to try www.justdrumsonline.com. Their prices are as good if not better than Midwest and they seem to have some sense of how important customer service and integrity are. These lessons are obviously lost on Midwest.
Did you forget to select free gift when checking out? why wouldnt they honor it? I just recieved a 95. gift coupon from them by email. I plugged in the code at checkout and it worked. This was an oversite on their part, I bought cymbals anddidnt receive my 95. worth of gift cards. I called, they put me through to Johns voicemail. I left my E-mail and he emailed this to me whitihn a day. I wouldnt walk away from 140. If they owe you, why not get it? Email john directly and tell him the story. [email protected]

When I ordered from them in December, John was great and made sure I was getting the best discount (18% at the time and better than the $100 free gift option) He even hooked me up with a free Mapex 500 snare stand.

Thanks TFITTIN942. I tried on 3 different occasions and each time I got thrown into voicemail limbo. I found out too late that these guys are famous for this kind of thing. The "deal" was that they were supposed to send me a gift card for $140 and they scammed me, and a quite a few others, out of it. I gave them plenty of chances and they blew every one. I reported them to the Consumer Affairs department down in Denver, Co, but that went about as far as a spitball into a headwind. They have lost quite a bit of business over this and I'll try my best to ensure that they lose more. The kicker on this is that the gift card was the deal maker for me. I could have have gotten the set at the advertised price here in Colorado. Never, never, never again will I deal with those *****!. Nuff said!

Thanks TFITTIN942. I tried on 3 different occasions and each time I got thrown into voicemail limbo. I found out too late that these guys are famous for this kind of thing. The "deal" was that they were supposed to send me a gift card for $140 and they scammed me, and a quite a few others, out of it. I gave them plenty of chances and they blew every one. I reported them to the Consumer Affairs department down in Denver, Co, but that went about as far as a spitball into a headwind. They have lost quite a bit of business over this and I'll try my best to ensure that they lose more. The kicker on this is that the gift card was the deal maker for me. I could have have gotten the set at the advertised price here in Colorado. Never, never, never again will I deal with those *****!. Nuff said!

Wow. Horrible story. Every negative story like this blows 50 good ones out of the water for me. Thanks for the heads up.

How are they famous for this? I ask because there isn't much chiming in about similar situations. Why didn't you get the set in CO then?

I haven't made a purchase from MP in about 6 months, but my experiences with them are not good. Long-story short, when I was ordering thing from them, I would call and ask them where my package was, I would get "we are looking at it now, it will be shipped out today.", and then I'd call back a week later and get "we're expecting it any day now." One guy's name was John, and the others escapes me. I've ordered my kit, hardware, and several cymbals from them, and they did this with almost all of them. They were not honest with me, and just told me what I wanted to hear. I'm not sure if they've improved any since my last purchase, but I will not order from them again.

The other problem I had with them, aside from lying to me, was that they weren't organized at all. I ordered my DW rack through them when ordering my kit(3 sided). After a month and a half of getting either "we shipped it awhile ago, it should be in anyday!" or "I'm looking at it, I don't what they're doing, I'll ship it to you now" I got it in. Opened it up, and I had one of the sides and the main rack. Called them up and they told me that they know, and that they would ship it to me when they get it. I waited 3 weeks and then called them back. Got the SAME GUY, and asked about my remaining rack side. For some reason he was shocked, he told me that he shipped the whole rack to me over a month ago. Before it was over, he aggressively told me he'd ship me "another" side.. I'm not a difficult customer by any means, but I mean really... Then when I finally got it(a month and a half later) I get it in, and it dinged up pretty good. Needless to say I was not very happy. Now I'm not sure if this what on their part, or DW's, but the box it came in was in perfect shape. I'll post a picture of the rack side in a few.

I understand the "we can't ship it to you until we get it from the manufacturer" concept, my dad deals with this stuff for a living. It's the dishonesty/unorganized part that made me mad. It took me 6 months to get a kit in that would have took about 3 if they would have had their crap together.

It wouldn't have been that big of a deal, if it I hadn't of ordered it NEW. They told they would replace it, and they would ship another one ASAP, and when I get it I could send the other back. Never heard from them again. The rack doesn't really bother me, especially since you can see it from a crowd, but when I buy something new, I expect it new. When Guitar Center shipped me a new cymbal with a dent in it, I had it taken care of with-in a few days. MidWest Percussion has awesome prices, I can't find anyone that comes close, but for the service I got, it wasn't worth it.

002.jpg

It wouldn't have been that big of a deal, if it I hadn't of ordered it NEW. They told they would replace it, and they would ship another one ASAP, and when I get it I could send the other back. Never heard from them again. The rack doesn't really bother me, especially since you can see it from a crowd, but when I buy something new, I expect it new. When Guitar Center shipped me a new cymbal with a dent in it, I had it taken care of with-in a few days. MidWest Percussion has awesome prices, I can't find anyone that comes close, but for the service I got, it wasn't worth it.

That's terrible.

I just ordered a bunch of Yamaha Hardware from them. Let's hope my third order with them goes as well as my previous two and I don't have this sort of issue to resolve next week.

I just ordered a bunch of Yamaha Hardware from them. Let's hope my third order with them goes as well as my previous two and I don't have this sort of issue to resolve next week.

To close the loop on this, my packages arrived today and everything was in perfect shape. Zero issues with Midwest so far.

Back