iPhone metronome!

pbdz

metronome for iPhone!

Hi!

Sometimes I post in this forum my recording performance...but I'm not only a drummer, but I'm also a programmer...

I've developed an application for iPhone, a metronome, designed to improve the precision and the sense of time..

You can find it at this link

http://itunes.apple.com/it/app/training-metronome/id446107687?mt=8&ls=1

these are first two videos showing how the metronome works:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3sXLiRCMY8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozUu3UAe1mo

this is the description on iTunes:

Training Metronome, throught its special functions, it’s suitable to improve accurancy, speed and groove on your instrument! (Yes! Works great even on the iPhone 3G!!!)

Here they are its main functions:

-Standard metronome:

You can choose among several time signatures and set up speeds higher than 800 bpm! Indeed, Training Metronome has a high accurancy engine as hard as a rock!

Moreover you can set the accents as you like throught an easy tap on notes.

You can lay down 4 different types of suddivision per each beat: 4th, 8th, 12th, 16th.

The TAP function helps you in looking for the time of your favourite songs in a direct and simple way!

-Accelerator:

This function helps you to speed up of X bpm per X beats till the maximum limit previously selected by yourself.

-Trainer:

This function let you improve step by step your precision and your rhythm sense by silencing a specific number of beats per every X number of beats! If you are a drummer you truly fall for this function! :)

-Alarm:
This last function it’s just what you need if you want to get some routine exercises (such as the Stick Control). Indeed the function allarm will easily inform you of going to the following exercise! You will save time and avoid the effort of counting all your beats!

All the functions are combinable! As soon you find your suitable setting, you could save it in a handy “Present List”.

Eventually you can choose different sounds to assign to the Beats, the Accents and the Allarm!

Visit www.minux.eu You will find a lot of videos showing how Training Metronome works!

:)

Last edited:
I have a few already, and with no reviews to date I would have to wait to see. I don't like beta testing apps especially ones with a fee.

yeah you should really put out a limited demo version so people can test it.

You thinking about porting over to android as well? I wouldn't mind screwing around with it.

porting this app on android means to rewrite it from scratch!

I can do it, but first I want to see what results I have with iPhone... :)

yeah iPhones are for pussies. if you make an android app i would be happy to help beta test it.

Android 200,000 apps'
iPhone 427000 apps,
You decide where the money is.
This pussy likes his iPhone

ahh I didn't mean the app makers. just the users. hang on, i mean, iPhones are totally cool and...

I have an Android phone and an iPod Touch. Best of both worlds :)

On a related note, I use my iPod live, both for backing tracks and as a metronome. Works very well, it really is a very neat musician's tool.

That is a damn riot right there!!! Freakin' hilarious. I didn't mean to start a smartphone holy war, my apologies.

I'm with Toddy though, if you're ever looking for beta testers on the Android side I'm more than willing.

I've also been using the Mobile Metronome Pro, it's pretty solid. I can't stand the "tap tempo" function though. I still haven't been able to figure it out.

I've also been using the Mobile Metronome Pro, it's pretty solid. I can't stand the "tap tempo" function though. I still haven't been able to figure it out.

I use that one too, love that tap feature; it's an average, so you have to give it like 8-12 bars of the same time to get an accurate number in my experience. It's great for when you're trying to work out the BPM of a song that's already recorded.

Android 200,000 apps'
iPhone 427000 apps,
You decide where the money is.

The money is probably with the folks who think nothing of paying way too much for their products, only to then get pre-lubed up for the nearly identical replacement product that comes out a few months later with another number added onto the end of the name. I mean, they're the perfect customers. That's likely where the money is...

If I wanted Engadget-style trolling, I'd be on Engadget...

Hi Guys!

These are the 5 redeem codes to download my app for free!

664AL39HWRKH
LWE9K63ETYWH
FLY79F4EA9FN
XTTP9ERW3L3T
FN3XW74PXMPN

Try it and leave a comment!

I bought it. I mean the thing is 99 cents for f--k sake. Now it only has to be better than a candy bar and I'll consider it a worth while expense. I have an iPad permanently located in my drum room and this app will definitely get used there. Sorry that I had to out myself as a mindless consumer pussy in front of everyone. Oh, the shame of it!

BTW, this has almost all of the features I am looking for and it has a straight forward design. If you consider upgrading it, I really want an app that supports polyrhythms. So, it would be cool to have an option to say, place an additional accent sound every three beats, on top of what is already going on. So, I could still have a standard 4/4 thing with a 3 over 4 accent on top of that.

A nice trainer option that goes beyond that would be to have the option to phase between the two meters. Something like: over 8 bars you shift the volume balance between the 4/4 and 3/4 accents so that you can practice hearing and feeling both meters in the same exercise, which is hugely valuable for really nailing the feel.

Hi Brundlefly!

Thank you for purchasing the app! :D

What you say about polyrhythms is technically possible to do...I will consider your suggestion for future updates!!! About the trainer, argh, is a bit more difficult, because it means to redesign the entire metronome engine...but I take into consideration this feature.. :)

thank you again! :D

Back