What is the most hilarious question someone has asked you about drums/drumming?

Yeah but I'm willing to bet they don't supply those 16 year olds with free pitchers of Killian's Irish Red!

It was back in 2003 while I was stationed in Minot, North Dakota.

Yeah, but they offered to people a little closer to 21 without carding them. They usually say that they are not of age and they go, "Oh. Whoops."

After we are done for the night and half packed up...

Uh could you guys just do a few more?

And...

Can you play some Brittney Spears?

(said to a 50 something, all male, blues based band, by an early 20's, valley girl type, who was totally serious)

Did you rock out your best version of Baby Baby?

After we are done for the night and half packed up...

Uh could you guys just do a few more?

And...

Can you play some Brittney Spears?

(said to a 50 something, all male, blues based band, by an early 20's, valley girl type, who was totally serious)

You need to add Children of Bodom's cover of Oops I did it Again to your set list.

my band made our name by playing ROCK hits from bands from the 60's and early 70's.

so at one gig some guy comes up to me during the set and says "do you guys know that song by that colored girl?" -- he was talking about the hit at the time of I Will Always Love You by whitney houston.

i told him, #1 do you hear the kind of music that we play and #2 do you see any black girls up here on stage. i then called him a f***ing moron and he got pissed and walked away.

then one time a guy called us a "bunch of phonies" because we didn't do any Four Seasons tunes.

some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed.

One evening after a show I'm loading my drums into the car, and a couple of blonde girls see me doing it. I had left my cases in the car, so I am loading drums into cases and then the cases into the car.

Blonde #1: "Are you in a band?"
Me: "...* ...yes."
Blonde #2: "What do you play?"
Me: "... * ... the drums."
Blonde #1: "So are you getting ready to play?"
Me: "... * ... no, I'm putting the drums INTO the car."
Blonde #2: "Oh no, we missed the show!"
Me: "There's another band on now, and another band after them."
Blonde #2: "Then why are you putting your drums away?"
Me: "... because I'm not in either of those bands. Just the band that already finished playing."
Blonde #1 (to Blonde #2) "You are so stupid, Missy!"

(True story. I swear it to you.)

Back