Yamaha - what kind of model it is? Help please

Dominik_Szmajda

Hi Gents,
I couldn’t find correct topic so I posted here. If it is somewhere
- sorry.

I have problem to identify this Yamaha set. Maybe somebody will be know what kind of model it is, how much it can be worth and it is professional or basic kit?
I will be grateful.
Regards

PS Snare and stands are not from this set.

10.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

1967 was the formation of Yamaha Drums, a division of..... would have to have a look inside to make a better call, to see if the interior shell ply is finished like a professional kit "of that day" of simply Japanese "cheesewood", which would certainly tell us it's an entry level kit.​
Ludwig introduced the Black Panther in 1968, though that finish wasn't in the catalogs until 1971. Mitch Mitchell was playing 1/2 of his Black Panther kit with Hendrix, at Woodstock.​
So this finish looks like a Brown Panther (?), something I've never seen before. Ludwig last listed the Black Panther in its 1975 catalog, but it was still available as a special order, at least up to 1979.​

It has the 70's badge, and the mount is pre-1978 according to the pics found in the catalogs on the link.

Lugs look like what were eventually on the "Tour" line when Yamaha became more popular in the 80's.
Those were the first lugs on the 9000's (Recording Custom before the long lugs).
I have some MD's from 1982 with a Natural Birch finish kit that still has the split lugs and the long lugs came on the RC's in 1983.

Neat kit, I'd hold on to it for sure!

Adding no value to the thread; my high school had a kit identical to this one. It was loaned to a guy who never returned it.

I wish I was that guy.

Does that snare have 12 lugs?

Back