First double pedal

Your best option? Wander in to a drum store and get your feet on as many as you can. Try to narrow your choices down according to what you like/don't like....THEN look around for online deals.

Don't rely on a review for something you haven't played. There is only one real way to know what you're looking for in a pedal and that's to try as many as you are able to.

Your best option? Wander in to a drum store and get your feet on as many as you can. Try to narrow your choices down according to what you like/don't like....THEN look around for online deals.

Don't rely on a review for something you haven't played. There is only one real way to know what you're looking for in a pedal and that's to try as many as you are able to.

Yes, I know that but I don't have the possibility of trying them. Thats why I am asking you to tell me which of these is worth buying. I'd probably will have the chance to try only Gibraltar Avenger.

Yes, I know that but I don't have the possibility of trying them. Thats why I am asking you to tell me which of these is worth buying. I'd probably will have the chance to try only Gibraltar Avenger.

Fair enough mate, your call.....but this is how a question like this is gonna roll.

OP: What pedal should I buy?
Reply 1: Go for the DW
Reply 2: Nah, The Pearl for the win
Reply 3: I own the Taye and couldn't be happier with it.
Reply 4: Another vote for DW
Reply 5: I tried the Gibraltar and hated it....get the IC
Reply 6: Save your money and upgrade to better pedals than all of them.
Reply 7: The IC's are the smoothest. fastest pedals out there....but it doesn't matter as I'm saving for an Axis anyway.....because apparently they're smoother and faster.

.......and on it goes.

All great advice from the perspective of those replying, but none of it makes you any the wiser. You still don't know anything more than before you started....hence why I say, try before you buy, is the only way to know what you'll like.

Fair enough mate, your call.....but this is how a question like this is gonna roll.

OP: What pedal should I buy?
Reply 1: Go for the DW
Reply 2: Nah, The Pearl for the win
Reply 3: I own the Taye and couldn't be happier with it.
Reply 4: Another vote for DW
Reply 5: I tried the Gibraltar and hated it....get the IC
Reply 6: Save your money and upgrade to better pedals than all of them.
Reply 7: The IC's are the smoothest. fastest pedals out there....but it doesn't matter as I'm saving for an Axis anyway.....because apparently they're smoother and faster.

.......and on it goes.

All great advice from the perspective of those replying, but none of it makes you any the wiser. You still don't know anything more than before you started....hence why I say, try before you buy, is the only way to know what you'll like.

Thanks again for the advice. I will try some of them if I have the chance and then I'll decide. So.. My final question is: Which if these brands is most durable, because I heard some things about DW that they're cracky but expensive etc.?

Thanks again for the advice. I will try some of them if I have the chance and then I'll decide. So.. My final question is: Which if these brands is most durable, because I heard some things about DW that they're cracky but expensive etc.?

Here lies the problem mate.....they are all good brands and they all offer great pedals....but you are looking at the intermediate range of all these brands, so there's likely to be a lot of common ground between them all......again, (I know I keep harping on about it and I'm sure you think I'm full of shit, but I honestly believe there is some merit to what I say).....you've really gotta try these things and decide for yourself. There is unlikely to be a massive difference in the pedals listed....it's all gonna come down to your own individual feel.

I wish I could be more help.....really, but if you are unable to get your feet on them, you're never gonna know the subtleties that seperate these things.

Sure it is all about choice and feel. But I know how I'd look at this bunch if I were shopping it. Here's two things that separate sheep from goats in this large herd, think about it if you like:

1) Single versus double chain linkage. The DW 3002, the Taye PSKs, and the Gibraltar Avenger II have double chain linkage, which generally is more durable and solid-feeling than a single, which is what all these other pedals sport. If you worry about durability, look at these pedals first.

2) Adjustability. Adjustability is kind of like Microsoft Excel: It comes with Office, and everyone uses Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint, but nobody knows how to use Excel. In the same vein, most people don't know how to adjust their beater angles, footboard angle, etc on their high-end pedals. The same pedals that are offering the dual chain linkage are also apparently more adjustable in terms of angling, positioning, etc. So you would have that option if you chose to learn to use it.

The few times I've tried Taye pedals they felt solid, and I use Gibraltar hardware on my kit, so I'd be confident with the Gibs. The DW 3002 is the current renumbered 7002, and I played on a single 7000 pedal for over a year with zero issues... the beater never even fell out. So from there it's going to come down to choice for you. But were I you, that's how I'd narrow it down.

For under $200 you can get a used Iron Cobra, DW 5000, Yamaha Flying Dragon, etc. No point in getting low end stuff...

For under $200 you can get a used Iron Cobra, DW 5000, Yamaha Flying Dragon, etc. No point in getting low end stuff...

OP is posting from Bulgaria... I found NO musical instruments of any kind for sale on Bulgaria's CL page. His used market options might be a bit more limited than ours.

Back