Vinnie Colaiuta

I think that Vinnie moved to Paiste with his Ludwig endorsement.
I have a ride, crash, and a pair of high hats from the early 60's. They are stamped "Ludwig Standard - Paiste -Swiss made". I saw Joe Morello at a clinic in 1968. He has was endorsing Paiste because of the new Ludwig-Paiste association.

Wrong. That was the 60's. Today, Paiste and Ludwig are independent of each other.
Besides, Vinnie is not endorsing Ludwig anymore, but still endorsing Paiste.

As it was foreshadowed on another board, Vinnie is going with a custom kit from Heuer Drums. He has a link to Chris Here's page on his website now. Word is he will use some C raviotto snares as well.

I saw the Toronto show, which was great, and Vinnie was awesome!

Is it the angle, Vinnie sitting higher or is that a 20 inch kick? He looks tall.

I was out looking to see a) who was playing drums for Sting and b) if it was Vinnie, what he was using for equipment. Sting has (it appears) Vinnie and the drummer from the Symphonicities tour. Finding images of Vinnie was next to impossible.

Anyway, I think you're right. It does look like a 20" bass drum.

Why does the guitar player in the last photo look like a Mini-Me compared to the 2 singers?
Pretty funny juxtapositioning of the 3 guys.

Personally the thing that shocked me the most when VC went to Ludwig & Paiste was he suddenly had two crashes up front and the ride pushed to his right. I hadn't seen that setup in all the time I have been following him. Anyone know anything about that?

I never enjoyed the white Gretsch kit visually & rarely in sound. Much prefer his Yamaha Maple Custom sopund back in the "Soul Cages" / "Ten Summoner's Tales" era. Very interesting to see him appearing to play a MC again recently.

Vinnie participated in Dewa Budjana's brand new album "Surya Namaskar" (w/ Jimmy Johnson on bass, guest appearances by Gary Husband, Michael Landau).
Dewa Budjana is one of Indonesia's most important guitarists. I stumbled across this album as the following link was shared by Allan Holdsworth on facebook.

You can listen to the full album here:
http://moonjunerecords.bandcamp.com/...surya-namaskar

Personally the thing that shocked me the most when VC went to Ludwig & Paiste was he suddenly had two crashes up front and the ride pushed to his right. I hadn't seen that setup in all the time I have been following him. Anyone know anything about that?

I never enjoyed the white Gretsch kit visually & rarely in sound. Much prefer his Yamaha Maple Custom sopund back in the "Soul Cages" / "Ten Summoner's Tales" era. Very interesting to see him appearing to play a MC again recently.

Sounds like the new kit is more Gretsch than Yamaha......
I am sutprised they have not released the particulars of the kit. Seems to be lot of interest in it

Back