Any idea what brand this is?

johnwesley

Silver Member
This is an 18" bass drum for sale locally and I'm wondering what brand it is? Ever seen one before?

Attachments

• unknown bass.jpg
    unknown bass.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 415
  • unknown bass 2.jpg
    unknown bass 2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 420
Basix is a European drum brand, so far as I can tell. Most of their product here in the US appears to be lower-end beginner kits, but they have some birch and bubinga kits in their lineup too. I would imagine that an 18" kick would not necessarily be kid's stuff.

Hey, if it sounds good, the fittings are solid and the price is right, go for it! An 18" kick is a handy thing to have.

Basix is a European drum brand, so far as I can tell. Most of their product here in the US appears to be lower-end beginner kits, but they have some birch and bubinga kits in their lineup too. I would imagine that an 18" kick would not necessarily be kid's stuff.

Hey, if it sounds good, the fittings are solid and the price is right, go for it! An 18" kick is a handy thing to have.

Thanks Al. Guy wants $40, so I think I'll go take a look.

Both Bernard Purdie and Danny Gottlieb were Basix endorsers.

bernardpurdie2003.jpg

when u lowball him for $30...ask if it is a "Zildjian Symbol" brand bass drum ? :D BUY IT...that is a gigger / home studio dream drum.

Did you end up buying it Steve?

I was it on CL and thought about it till I remembered how much gear I actually have. I need to sell a kit or at least a couple drums before I buy anything else. Hit me up if you're looking for a project. I am currently buried in project shells.

Back