Anyone use a drum throne case?

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Anyone use a drum throne case? Right now, I throw the tripod in my hardware case and I carry the seat with the backrest still attached by itself. I've considered getting a case before, but never pulled the trigger.

Anyone use a drum throne case?

I stopped using the backrest on my seat because it made everything that much more cumbersome in terms of packing. I can't imagine getting a case just for that, but accessories are the main cause of G.A.S.

In other news... anyone interested in a lightly used Roc N Soc backrest (blue)?

I use the Ford soft case with my thrones.

Attachments

• FordCase1LoRes.jpg
    FordCase1LoRes.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 154
  • FordThrone2bLoRes.jpg
    FordThrone2bLoRes.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 152
Use a 14" Hardcase for my Ahead Spinal G. Keep thinking about getting a proper one.

I bought the cheapest drum bag kit that Tama offered many years ago. I use the snare bag that came with it for the saddle w/ backrest. It doesn't fit perfectly, but the saddle is protected. The legs go in the rolling hardware bag.

When I gig my Gibraltar 9608 throne, I remove the top and put it in a soft bag to protect it. The tripod rides loose with the other hardware.

For years I used a square Pearl student snare bag for my Throne top. Lately I've been putting my snare in a deep 15 inch power Tom case with my Throne top on top of the snare. I thought the original question though was those round Hardware cases that have a throne seat on top of them like Ludwig and slingerland used to offer in the 60s

Back