My Ludwigs Came in Today!

Bull

Gold Member
It's been less than 4 weeks! I'm picking them up tomorrow. I'm not gonna sleep tonight.
I will try to have some pics tomorrow night.
16x26
11x14
16x16
Red Sparkle

Pics, pics, pics!!! lol

Looking forward to it. Mine took a little less than four weeks as well.

No pics yet. My phone's camera is crap and my roommate loaned his camera out.

The wrap looks great but I'm not liking the stock heads at all. I'm switching to Vintage Emperors/Coated Ambassadors ASAP.

Classic Maple!

I got them sounding ok but I really don't like those heads. Can't wait to switch them out.

Last edited:
I still very much regret getting rid of my champange sparkle kit many, many years ago. Had the old attached cymbal stand, great sound and the first kit I ever played live with, man, what a dummy, if I only then what I know now...

Classic Maple!

I'm got them sounding ok but I really don't like those heads. Can't wait to switch them out.

Pics man.......PICS!!!!

For the love of god, where are those bloody pics??

CM's are my dream kit.....and red sparkles turn me on! They cost a fortune where I come from, so all I've got in the meantime is to oggle yours. Would you please, kindly oblige me?

:)

I don't know how to tell you guys this but.....
it's going to be a few days before I can take pics!!! Please don't hurt me!

I'm hoping to get some pics tomorrow.. Sorry for the delay!

I spent this evening changing heads and tweaking my set up. I really don't like the Ludwig heads. I put Vintage Emperors on the batter side and coated Ambassadors on the reso. I've got a Powerstroke 4 on the kick with the stock logo head on the front,I'm using a felt strip for muffling and no port. It sounds really good.

I did an inspection and don't have any quality control issues. The edges are good. The wrap is tight and the lugs are smooth.The Elite spurs seem solid. They aren't creeping on my carpet . The kick isn't moving a bit. It doesn't tune as easy as my Spauns or my buddy's 1990 Luddies but it's seems to stay in tune ok. Time will tell.

and I absolutely love the Red Sparkle.

AAARRRRRHHHHHHH !!!!!! I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE, JUST SHOW ME THE BLOODY PICS..

The rehearsal space is too dark for my phone's camera!!!!!!!!! As soon as my roommate gets me his camera,I will get some up !!!

199690_1937815722508_1155834179_2679088_543238_n.jpg

208638_1937820322623_1155834179_2679097_2339341_n.jpg

207053_1937820802635_1155834179_2679100_7225211_n.jpg

Yaaaaaay!!

Some radiant tubs you have there my friend. I LOVE red sparkle. How are you liking that 14"? Do you have enough textures at your disposal with that tom setup? I have a 12 and a 16 and that dinky little fellow just doesn't cut it.

Next we're all gonna hound you for some sound clips. I wanna hear how those toms sound together. What kind of muffling do you have in the kicker?

Thanks.
I have them tuned pretty high. There's a good amount of separation between the toms. They both have a pretty wide tuning range. I'm going to add an 18" in the next few months. This was all my bank account could handle at the moment.:)

I have a coated Powerstroke 4 on the kick batter and the stock logo/coated medium on the reso. I'm using a felt strip on the front and nothing on the batter. I experimented with a small felt strip on the Powerstroke but it is already a fairly muffled head. I think it feels better with a felt on the batter but it was just too much. I might keep experimenting

Back