double chain pedal

what is double chain use for?? increase power or durability?or ???

I'm gonna go with durability. I've had single chains, double chains, straps, metal links....none of them gave me any more power than the other. On my DW5000 Accelerator, having the double chain does seem to help the pedal not feel so squirelly under my foot though.

I'm gonna go with durability.

Yep. That and some added stability, I'd reckon.

The double chain also helps alleviate some of the lateral movement of the footboard......now weather or not this is vital, or just something we've all been convinced is vital......is up to the individual player to decide.

Yep. That and some added stability, I'd reckon.

The double chain also helps alleviate some of the lateral movement of the footboard......now weather or not this is vital, or just something we've all been convinced is vital......is up to the individual player to decide.

I will say the double chain on the DW5000 makes it feel a little sluggish to me. When I go with the normal strap on one of my lighter Tama FlexiFlyer pedals, I have the stability and the pedal feels really light and responsive.

I had an older DW5000 pedal with a single chain. A couple of times the chain fell off the sprocket. ( I think during a Who song... LOL )
The double chain is more stable and secure and won't fall off. I have a DW9000 with a double chain and I like it very much.

Double chains tend to be smaller than singles, obviously, to fit 2 chains in the same space. Smaller links roll more smoothly, possibly?

I suppose double chained pedals are designed for the club footed players out there that use a double pedal to play quick doubles. Surely more weight would mean less response, feel and speed?

I've always preferred older pedals, the response on them is geared towards a player of a decent standard. The Speed King for example is still as quick as anything out there just doesn't have the durability. The old Camco and DW5000s are still the best pedals I've ever played and have stood the test of time. I'd love to try the perfect balance pedal but it's nowhere near the perfect price for a single pedal.

I had an older DW5000 pedal with a single chain. A couple of times the chain fell off the sprocket. ( I think during a Who song... LOL )
The double chain is more stable and secure and won't fall off. I have a DW9000 with a double chain and I like it very much.

That simply sounds like poor design or setup. I have strap, chain and double chain setups and realy cant tell the difference when dialed in to my prefered feel. My fave pedal is a cheap Yamaha fold away type with strap. It has never let me down, I love the feel and unlike the megga bucks, bells and whistles pedals I have it is light and folds away for easy storage and transport. Sometimes less realy is more.

That simply sounds like poor design or setup. I have strap, chain and double chain setups and realy cant tell the difference when dialed in to my prefered feel. My fave pedal is a cheap Yamaha fold away type with strap. It has never let me down, I love the feel and unlike the megga bucks, bells and whistles pedals I have it is light and folds away for easy storage and transport. Sometimes less realy is more.

+1 That's what my dw5000 strap drive is, it's got a yamaha foot plate on it too!

I just upgraded from the 5000 to the 9000 and love it also! I'm faster with it (although I have no need to be a speed demon) and it's just all-around a better design pedal.

Back