Tama Imperialstar snare parts needed (made in Japan model)

mono-plane

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and would like some help in locating a decent used or new strainer for my older Tama Imperialstar chrome steel snare. One of the strainers is twisted and bent out of shape, so that the rollers are binding. The drum says "Made in Japan" on the Tama badge, and has serial number 15405557. I've enclosed a picture of it, if this forum will accept it as it is? Any more info about this drum would be helpful, like year and the quality of this snare when new?
I purchased it to replace my Ludwig Black Beauty (1979) that I am intending to sell. I bought the BB brand new with my first new drum kit (but third kit in total). I know very little about Tama drums but this one seems to sound decent, but I want to replace the damaged strainer. As well there seems to be a missing knob for the muffler assembly. The outside knob is there but in the center of that knob on is a threaded bolt, which should have a round chrome knob I believe?

Help!!!!
OK, I tried to upload some pics, but the size max is 1200 X 1200 and mine were 1280 x 960, so that was a bust for now.

Barry

Last edited:
Back