Do you feel sorry for today's kids trying to have a rewarding career in music using a P-85 strainer

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Just thought I'd bring together what seems like a Doomsday scenario on this forum.

You left out "after the death of the music industry".

Also, if you can include something about Meg White (sucks), Lars Ullrich (used to be good, sucks now) and Travis Barker (way better than Bonzo and Ringo put together) and "how can I get endorsed" that would be good, but might make for a cumbersome thread title.

Also, is the sexiest (for female drummers). And can I get an endorsement?

How cool is it when a forum begins to mock itself? Its so nice to know we don't take ourselves too seriously, eh?

I've yet to see a guitarist forum mock itself. That will probably never happen.

You left out "after the death of the music industry".

Also, if you can include something about Meg White (sucks), Lars Ullrich (used to be good, sucks now) and Travis Barker (way better than Bonzo and Ringo put together) and "how can I get endorsed" that would be good, but might make for a cumbersome thread title.

But what drum kit should I buy?? URGENT!!!!!

But what drum kit should I buy?? URGENT!!!!!

Buy used to get better value because depreciation.

Or new, to get better value because not second hand.

Also, most important when choosing your first ever kit: what bearing edge profile do you want?

Buy used to get better value because depreciation.

Or new, to get better value because not second hand.

Also, most important when choosing your first ever kit: what bearing edge profile do you want?

But what cymbals should I buy? I don't know what sound I want & I would like you to tell me what to get.
Also, should I spend a fortune on a pack of beginner cymbals or should I spend the same on some used top-level ones.
PLEASE HELPZ ME!!!!!1!!1!

I used a P-85 tonight and came home no richer than when I left, but the experience was quite rewarding. I feel sorry I couldn't play like this when I was a kid. :(

But what cymbals should I buy? I don't know what sound I want & I would like you to tell me what to get.
Also, should I spend a fortune on a pack of beginner cymbals or should I spend the same on some used top-level ones.

You should wait until someone offers you an endorsement. Wait, no ... a sponsorship. You need a sponsorship. That will answer the question of which cymbals (not Sabian B8s) to buy.

Whatever you do, don't Frankensteinize your kit.

A very simple question to answer.

What most people don't realise is that size really does count.

You want to ensure that your cymbals create sounds which don't lead to standing waves. And the best way to do this, is to ensure that the cymbals that you buy are all sized in imperial prime number sizes. Hats should always be 13", use a 17" crash and a 19". You'll find a 23" ride cymbal will fit perfectly with this setup. A 31" ride cymbal has a wonderful tone, but is hard to pack.

The different "alloys" are really nothing more than marketing gobbledegook, and the audience only hears 3 basic cymbal sounds - hats, crash and ride. The notion of "quality" cymbals is the biggest con the music instrument industry has ever seen.

Should I buy triple pedals?

Use a metronome.

Is traditional or matched grip better?

Use a metronome.

Is it important to read music?

Use a metronome.

Never touch a drumstick without one. Ever.

I already have a mapex saturn. What do I do I do now?

I already have a mapex saturn. What do I do I do now?

Hi buddy....just go out and buy more...because more is always better than less.Just ask Neil Peart.....or is that Niel Pert?I'm not sure anymore.........wait is that a chicken in my bass drum?My drum sticks taste like chicken.

Does anybody ride motorcycles?I ride Japanese bikes,because they're not made in the US.I go as fast as I can,,,,,,and jump off.

I just set up all of my drums and it only took a week,because I worked 24 hours a day,with no sleep.

Hey...you talking to me?.....You talking to me?No one else here...so you must be talking to me.........

I have to go now,I have find that Duncan guy cause he blows me up all the time.Maybe I'll start my own drum forum........time to take my meds.Bye :)

Steve B

Back