Supraphonic 402 case

F

fusssion

Happy New Year everyone!

Well, I snagged a 402 off of eBay and it's on it's way. Now, ...to protect this bad-boy.

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Last edited:
Happy New Year everyone!

Well, I snagged a 402 off of eBay and it's on it's way. Now, ...to protect this bad-boy.

All suggestions welcome!

Thanks

1st. Keep it dry & clean if want to store the snare away for a long time
just make sure you wipe it down with a dry cloth to get any oils & sweat off
the chrome.

2nd. Hard cases & soft cases both do the job well. I do like a cusion of
some sorts in their too (imho.)

Congrats & best

Congrats man....great snare.

I keep my 402 in a 14 x 5.5 SKB case (yep 5.5....not a typo). The smaller case means the drum fits perfectly with no room to move. Of course if you want to carry spare heads etc then go with the 14 x 6.5. Expensive cases, I'll agree.....but totally worth it for peice of mind.

I keep my 402 in a 14 x 5.5 SKB case (yep 5.5....not a typo). The smaller case means the drum fits perfectly with no room to move. Of course if you want to carry spare heads etc then go with the 14 x 6.5. Expensive cases, I'll agree.....but totally worth it for peice of mind.

That's a great idea, I like that A LOT. I know SKB is on the pricey side, but worth it. I have an SKB cymbal case, and it's indestructable.

I was considering a Protection Racket, but I'm not sure want to go "soft" for a snare.

Anything else folks???

Thanks for the insight so far!

Anything else folks???

Where do you live? If you're in Europe or Oz, there is a brand called Hardcase. Excellent cases, similar to SKB but cheaper. There's also less padding internally, but the way they are designed means once the lid goes on and the straps tightened, the drum is locked securely in place. I've got a few and highly reccommend them. Unfortunately, I read on the forums that they no longer have a US distribution, so if you're Stateside this one may be of little help.

I've got a protection racket soft case for mine. The best thing about it is that no matter how long you've had the case they will always repair the case if it gets damaged.

Exact same here! Perfect.

Back