Where to find mixes, stems of recordings by established artist?

Kroy

I've been told that there are recordings by established artists available for people to use, ie the entire mixes, stems etc (I'm looking to record some drum covers for my teaching website and I need music minus drums).

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Of course, I am referring to work that is shared with the permission of the artist/publisher etc. Like for instance Brian Eno had the stems to some of the Bush of the Ghosts album (to remix) up a while ago, though that doesn't seem to be available any more. I guess what I'm after is similar situations where artists have made available their recordings in perhaps a remix competition or something like that. I'm definitely not after anything illegal.

You'll definitely be limited style-wise by those artists who do that.

I'd recommend visiting www.karaoke-version.com/custombackingtrack where you can buy custom mixes without the drums. Of course, they're going to be instrumentals, and not the original recordings, but probably suitable for your purposes.

The only question would be whether buying the track gives you a license for commercial use.

Bermuda

You'll definitely be limited style-wise by those artists who do that.

I'd recommend visiting www.karaoke-version.com/custombackingtrack where you can buy custom mixes without the drums. Of course, they're going to be instrumentals, and not the original recordings, but probably suitable for your purposes.

The only question would be whether buying the track gives you a license for commercial use.

Bermuda

The karaoke version site is excellent. The name is slightly misleading as it also has custom backing tracks that let you fade individual tracks in the mix.

Each song costs $3 but once you've paid for a song you can make as many different mixes of it as you want. I use it a lot.

Thanks everyone.

Yes, the Karaoke site has some good versions and the custom backing track facility is great.

Jammit looks great - I'll definitely be checking it out.

Back