Lux Drummerette

stitch

She's good.... and she takes the time to look feminine. Look at her High Heels :)

Re: Lux Drumerrette

Wow. I can't play stuff like that, sounds pretty good. But, I'm used to seeing bass drum beaters flying back towards your foot when you actually play them, she just looks like she's tapping them. Would you be able to hear that at all? Or is this one of those instances where I should assume there's triggers on the bass drum helping out any player that plays this kind of stuff?

Lux is awesome for being so young and she seems to know how to market herself and her playing very well. I am also a fan of The Nekromantics and I find it quite pleasing that she is playing with them. It doesn't at all hurt that I think she is smokin' hot too! :)

Go Lux!

Wow. I can't play stuff like that, sounds pretty good. But, I'm used to seeing bass drum beaters flying back towards your foot when you actually play them, she just looks like she's tapping them. Would you be able to hear that at all? Or is this one of those instances where I should assume there's triggers on the bass drum helping out any player that plays this kind of stuff?

Like most other speedy metal players, she doesn't play hard. That is what microphones are for, as well as triggers. Some folks have expressed a distaste for triggers on kicks but it can be very hard to get a bass drum sound powerful enough to be heard over the rest of the group without them. The Axis pedals are also very efficient so you don't have to play them that hard to get a good kick sound. The whole 'mass versus inertia' thing...

Like most other speedy metal players, she doesn't play hard. That is what microphones are for, as well as triggers. Some folks have expressed a distaste for triggers on kicks but it can be very hard to get a bass drum sound powerful enough to be heard over the rest of the group without them. The Axis pedals are also very efficient so you don't have to play them that hard to get a good kick sound. The whole 'mass versus inertia' thing...

Not sure about the efficiency thing since I owned a Trick for a while and I use to slam it pretty well, I didn't play any different than I how I would with my Cobra Jrs, they just looked that much cooler for me. One of the reasons I stopped using the Trick is because I spent all day making it feel like my Cobra Jr.! So having a $375 pedal that acts just like my $60 pedal didn't make much economic sense....

Not sure about the efficiency thing since I owned a Trick for a while and I use to slam it pretty well, I didn't play any different than I how I would with my Cobra Jrs, they just looked that much cooler for me. One of the reasons I stopped using the Trick is because I spent all day making it feel like my Cobra Jr.! So having a $375 pedal that acts just like my $60 pedal didn't make much economic sense....

Can you make your Cobra Jrs feel like an optimized Trick or Axis? No, unless you shave a whole bunch of metal off of the moving parts and make it direct drive. The benefits of the Axis and Trick show mostly at the quicker range of foot action and especially with double kicks. If I were playing single pedal on a single kick, I'd opt for an IC or DW9000 or something too....and of course the Cobra Jr would be pretty good too. I even have a little brother to one!

A 'baby Cobra' alongside some ferrets? \/

Attachments

• pedals.JPG
    pedals.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 388

I think what is interesting is she isn't just sitting in a room playing drum covers.

Those songs are from the band she is actually in.
http://www.sacredstorm.net/

I can't figure out how she plays in those heels, but it certainly brings new meaning to the old question "heel up or heal down?"

Back