My crazy drum kits!

Peter - I'm using regular drum sticks - a Vic Firth 7AN. The drums came with mallets and I use those for quieter playing. The heads are Remo Fiberskyn so they are super tough. I used the 14 inch as a snare drum for almost 2 years and there isn't one mark on it.
I will give it a try.always enjoy playing mini drum-kits for almots 11yrs.This's one of my DIY drum.(8" bass,8" snare,8"mini-hat,12"splash,DIY kick-pedal).
196587_4574534399747_1355674185_n.jpg

I will give it a try.always enjoy playing mini drum-kits for almots 11yrs.This's one of my DIY drum.(8" bass,8" snare,8"mini-hat,12"splash,DIY kick-pedal).
196587_4574534399747_1355674185_n.jpg

I love your kits. I've been looking at your drums since you started posting them online! My crazy kits are a lot different than yours, but you are definitely my main inspiration when I build a new one. So thanks for making crazy drum kits! I've also watched videos of you playing - you're really good. So thanks for that, too.

I love your kits. I've been looking at your drums since you started posting them online! My crazy kits are a lot different than yours, but you are definitely my main inspiration when I build a new one. So thanks for making crazy drum kits! I've also watched videos of you playing - you're really good. So thanks for that, too.
Hi,Drummerboyfitz!
Thanks alot for your kind words! I really enjoy on my so call crazy mini drum project.I learn alot during the process(problems,materials,parts,tunning).The best part is,when I bring it on stage and play that the best & happy thing in my life!
Pls keep on with your crazy drum project.
Regards,
Peter Lau

I've improved the Crazy Buffalo Drum Kit. Check it out at my blog:
Crazy Drum Kits!

Here's a shot of me playing it in my drum lab. (That's what I call my spare bedroom.)
Full description at my blog.

Attachments

• buffalo_kit.jpg
    buffalo_kit.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 2,746

Hi,Fitz!
Here's another mini compact drum that I build,last month.6" mini snare,10" bass drum,6" mini hat,12" splash/ride.Playing position can be Sitting or Standing.Nice for small stage & short gig

Peter - I am extremely interested in how you mount the tiny snares into the bass drums. Your kits are so cool! The videos were cool too! I'll be building a new crazy kit soon. Keep posting those kits! They are wild.

Hi,Fitz!
Here's another mini compact drum that I build,last month.6" mini snare,10" bass drum,6" mini hat,12" splash/ride.Playing position can be Sitting or Standing.Nice for small stage & short gig

Fitz!
I'm using my old Remo Roto tom mounted metal bar for my mini snare.I find this method easy,cause i can adjust high/low position!

May be you can try this method for your new drum project! Good Luck my friend!
Regards,
Peter

Thanks to everybody for checking out the thread! I love building this stuff and I love playing it. I'll try to shoot some video of the buffalo kit. I really like it when other people post their own crazy drum projects here.

Peter - thanks for showing me how to mount the little snare, very cool. I appreciate the close up photos, makes it easier to figure out. Very cool.

My goal with the crazy kits is to really change the paradigm of a drum kit - to have kits that sound like kits while being portable, small, and easy to set up/tear down. I'm getting there!

Just love all of the crazy kits … very creative stuff!!!

Today I’m working on the final touches of my own POCO LOCO (little crazy) kit that uses a 13x11 Pearl rack tom as a kick drum.
I have seen a number of these conversions of ultra small toms and the biggest issue seems to be how to mount it for use with a beater.
For me it had to be as easy to use and as portable as the kit, so to that end I worked out a “cradle” that is small, easy to use and stable.
One other advantage is that the Pearl JG16 set works for 16” tom conversions (as designed) and the Rhythm Tech cradle makes using
the 13” tom viable using the Pearl JG16 beater attachment. A single floor tom lug was added to the 13” tom to attach the L rod
and rubber fuel line hose covers the part of the L rod attached to the cradle … works great small detachable and very solid.

cradleset_zps47fd8df3.jpg

JG16Pearlconversion_zps3d390500.jpg

Rhythmtechquadmount_zps64d4827b.jpg

Back