Electronic Drum?

hey
i am looking for pad or something with 2 - 10 subpads, and if you hit one of these subpads it will play a sound meaning an mp3 data or something like that, which is choosable, by me, the drummer
i want to put this pad besides the hi hat and use it to create intros or ambience elements to support the topics of the song
does something like this exist?

The Roland SPD-S is what you're after. That or any e-kit hooked up to a laptop through MIDI.

I have the spd-s there isn't really a cheaper product that SAMPLES which is what you need if you want to use your own sounds. If you want to use pre-programmed sounds there are options like the simmons two pad set up, or the electronic practice pads.

I guess you could try to find an older sampler used but you will run into alot of problems trying to hook up scsi interfaces to modern computers.

the other option would be to get just a midi controller pad and hook it up to a laptop and sample off the laptop with a program like abelton live.

you can pick up an spd-s for about $450, i've seen them used on craigslist going for $300 every now and then.

the spd-s also is expandable you can hook up two extra pads, and a kick trigger, and hi hat trigger and can function as a basic electronic kit.

hey
i am looking for pad or something with 2 - 10 subpads, and if you hit one of these subpads it will play a sound meaning an mp3 data or something like that, which is choosable, by me, the drummer
i want to put this pad besides the hi hat and use it to create intros or ambience elements to support the topics of the song
does something like this exist?
I have a Mandala and Handsonic drum. They're both excellent, but the Mandala is better for a drum set. The pad is extremely sensitive and technologically advanced. It can be setup to have 1-7 rings and it knows exactly where you hit it. I use it with both the program it comes with and Battery 3 on a Windows computer and Macbook Pro and it works flawlessly. The reason why I like it, but others despise, is that you need to attach it via USB to a computer, so unless you have a laptop you can't gig with it. The intros and ambiance elements you're talking about are all built into the program it comes with, so I'd recommend it over Roland's overpriced offerings.

Back