Forum question

resohead

Silver Member
Is it just me or does this forum log you out in a matter of minutes. Another forum I use did that and I asked the mods to change it and it made things much easier.

Also, when I click on a thread, I don't know if the first post will be at the top or bottom of the page. I've been on a couple of vBulletin forums and this one is not like the others.

Anyone?

when you log in click the remember me button. it will keep you logged in.

Go to "User CP" then Edit User Options, and change to thread sort order to be whatever you want (Newest first or last).

YES! I hate how the new posts disappear after only a few minutes. Can this be changed.

To be clear...I'm stay "logged in" or "remembered" but the new posts go away.

Do you mean the "New Posts" link on top of the page, or are posts actually physically disappearing from threads?

The New Posts link will display new posts since your last visit. When you click that link again, your last visit was only a few minutes or seconds ago, so anything older than that will go away.

I keep the New Posts page open and then open all the threads I want to read in separate tabs (ctrl-click on the links). This way the New Posts page stays open and constant, and I can still read any thread I want.

I use the BROWSER's BACK button when I'm returning to New Posts and I'm worried they may disappear (instead of clicking New Posts again).

I agree, that threshold should be increased.

I use the BROWSER's BACK button when I'm returning to New Posts and I'm worried they may disappear (instead of clicking New Posts again).

See my post above. Life gets so much easier when you browse web sites using multiple browser tabs :)

I just click the "Quick Links" down arrow, and click todays post each time, and it gives me the latest greatest.

I use tabs. But not to read threads. Why should I have to open a dozen tabs just so the forum doesn't time me out? I'm on a bunch of other forums that use VB and this is the only one that times out so quickly.

+1. And whenever I open threads in tabs, I always forget about it and start browsing again in the new tab, and before you know it I have like 3 DW tabs open... I dislike tab bloat.

A matter of habits, I suppose. I generally have between five and thirty tabs open at any given time (from any number of sites)

Check your settings. I open this site when I get home and it stays open forever. so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Back