What a scam!

805Drummer

Gold Member
Alright, so I just kind of had an epiphany.

You know how Zildjian has those Anti-Vibe sticks?

Well, I had heard good things about them, and I started using them last month. Great, right?

Wrong.

Turns out, they work too well. Whenever I pick up normal sticks, they feel two solid, and very bouncy and rigid. It also causes my hands to feel all of the drum's vibrations, which are very uncomfortable.

Is this just a very clever marketing ploy? Because of this switch to the Anti-Vibe drumsticks, unless I somehow adjust myself back to normal sticks, I will have to buy these for the rest of my life.

Any thoughts on this? Is this something Zildjian's marketing department brewed up to get guaranteed permanent customers? Or is it all in my head?

All in your very odd head. So your conclusion is they arn't very good because they do their job; reduce viabrations....?

All in your very odd head. So your conclusion is they arn't very good because they do their job; reduce viabrations....?

Of course they do their job, but maybe there's some hidden reasonings for them selling those sticks? Intentional or unintentional, but it's still kind of suspicious.

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!

(jk)

Of course they do their job, but maybe there's some hidden reasonings for them selling those sticks? Intentional or unintentional, but it's still kind of suspicious.

CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!

(jk)

Nowadays, I'm sure you'd have a case.
Heard of people filing class action lawsuits for things odder than that.

And the real question: Why don't other stick companies try and make sticks like these?

Vic Firth, Vater, Pro-mark, Vic Firth, I'm talking to you!

You got use the 1 thing then went back to another.. It's natrual for that to happen. I played for wood forever. I tried Aheads and hated them but at $30 a pair, I played with them on and off and the next thing I knew I was using them all of the time and never went back to wood. Now if I try wood sticks, I don't like how they feel and I don't bother with them BUT if I played enough with them, it will once again feel normal.

Maybe you got a legit question there, haha.
I wouldn't pursue it though, unless you really have nothing else to do.

People also get used to 5B sticks and find it hard to pick up and play 7As instead.

Do you think I have a lawsuit on my hands because I'd rather play with brushes than sticks?

PS. Pretty sure it's all in your head.

It has to be a conspiracy involving
Secret
Technology
In
Controlling
Kids

I don't think a 400 year old company making wooden sticks are on the top of the "watch out for" list.

The same thing goes on with electronic kits, oh crap I just thought of something. Roland, Yamaha, Alesis, Pintech, Simmons, Hart Dynamics and Ddrum are all out to get us!

Sticks
Control
All
Minds

I don't think a 400 year old company making wooden sticks are on the top of the "watch out for" list.

It's kind of like the cleaning ladies; the best ones seem to be the least likely to steal.

I SWEAR TO GOD, the cleaning ladies stole my Pearl Export's ISS tom mount. My friend down the street has the same cleaning ladies as me, and he got his mount taken too. Of course, our parents don't believe us.

Whatever happened to taking care of your own house?

Back