Jordison out

So what dirt was that.........

I'd wager it's coming down to dollars like most successful bands these days....

Wow. I really like Slipknot, so I am kind of bummed to hear this. Obviously wont be the same with a whole new rhythm section. So now my question is, how do I get an audition? :)

20 years in the same band with 8/9 guys, I think I'd want a change too.

They can replace him easily enough.

There are very few drummers that couldn't be replaced with another comparable drummer. Buddy, Ringo, Keith Moon, Bonham... they were truly one of a kind.

And once you put the makeup and costume on, few fans are the wiser, or genuinely care. Ask the drummers of KISS.

As the saying goes... you're only as good as your replacement.

Bermuda

IMO This could spell the end for Slipknot, I always perceived JJ as one of the primary members, in writing, performing and supporting the 'brand', will be interesting to see where he goes next, and who comes in to replace him.

There are very few drummers that couldn't be replaced with another comparable drummer. Buddy, Ringo, Keith Moon, Bonham... they were truly one of a kind.

And once you put the makeup and costume on, few fans are the wiser, or genuinely care. Ask the drummers of KISS.

As the saying goes... you're only as good as your replacement.

Bermuda

truth

but Anton Fig never had to even put on the costume or make up to be KISS' drummer

;)

reading the article and a small one in modern drummer, it seems like he is still in?

He'll have to claw his way past Dave Lombardo at the audition. :O

Now that was funny! Now I wonder if they will film the auditions and make a mini-series? lol.

I've never been a fan of Slipknot, so I can't say much. Other than I know Joey was one of the song writers, so it seems a bit odd.

Slipknot has very few original members remaining anyway. I don't know that it's a big deal.

Also, as someone else mentioned, the article does NOT say he's out. It emphasizes he's doing his own project, but Slipknot is not going away.

I don't really care a whole lot, but still, it would be nice to know what's going on rather than rely on speculation.

Is there any other info available besides that interview?

Back