Let me show you "Penny Lane

This kinda stuff makes me sad. I enjoy almost all the aspects of this forum. Getting the opportunity to meet fellow enthusiasts, all kinds of great playing and purchasing advice, viewing all the beautiful kits (specially yours Large).

However, it seems like about a year ago when Sticks started derailing threads, the overall mood and tone of these forums took a nosedive. I went so far as to delete my original account as I was always getting stressed feeling I needed to defend my playing or my gear decisions.

People post kits on here because they are proud of them, and that's a really cool thing. I know this is gonna sound cheesy, but if someone is just posting their kit or a song, and isn't asking for critical analysis, think before you respond, Even little harnless comments like )get a better camera..." only incite tensions and bad vibes.

Thanks. It's getting more than a group of guitarists.

For those who ask what kind of music I play, check this out:

http://www.reverbnation.com/zivel

And here are more pics from the place we practice, with a special guest L0L

IMG347.jpg

IMG350.jpg

IMG345.jpg

IMG340.jpg

IMG351.jpg

IMG344.jpg

Some of you may wonder why there is another snare, well the snare drum on the first pics wasn't mine, that snare drum belong to the last drummer of my band he left it there so I take it to play with it in that show L0L
This snare are actually mine, and yes I need to change the drumheads hehe. The sizes of the drums I'd say are standard, it's an economic model so. If I had the money this would be a Ludwig and not Evolution

Thanks for your comments, greetings from Mexico :)

Way Coool !
4 pc is the way to go IMO ! Love the bass head and inventive way to mount ride cymbal..
Rock and Roll,
Peace

I would suggest something but I would probably get banned and I just may after this post but considering the uppity and egotistical attitudes around here within this clique that you all have it wouldn't bother me in the least bit.....

You regulars around these parts really need to check yourselves and maybe get out of the house sometimes. Your reply is the EXACT reason Joe Morris made that thread in the general discussion area! Maybe go out and do some yard work instead of sitting on your rear trolling this forum waiting to make snide and unnecessary remarks to people when all they are doing is showing off their ****ing drum sets. We're not all rich stuck up old timers like your selves who can go out and buy 20 different snares, or 20 different kinds of drum sets and still have enough for a $200 camera just to take better quality shots in fear that we don't get a POS reply like your's here.

@ Large,

Don't mind the grumpy old timers around here, they spend their time stroking each others ego's within their own little clique around here and think they are gods gift to the drumming world who's **** doesn't stink. Your pictures are just fine. I personally think it's a damn cool 4 pc setup. I like the bass drum reso and that Sabian effect cymbal as well. It's cool the back drop matches your drums as well lol! Thanks for sharing! :)

Just one of the reasons I don't bother coming here much. I use to be on every day. Now it's more like every few months. This crap plus the never ending (which head is better, Remo vs. Evans . . . .ect...ect.. ) Just gets old. You regulars around these parts really need to check yourselves and maybe get out of the house sometimes. Your reply is the EXACT reason Joe Morris made that thread in the general discussion area! I agree 100 %. I have seen people booted off of here many many times and I have also seen the rules re posted many times whenever a thread spirals out of control but yet, the rules don't seem to apply to EVERYONE here. It has become a "boys club" . Your either in or out. I see new members post a comment, question or video and nobody replies yet many read or watch it. One of the club members could post a video of a fart and it will get 5 stars and pages of replies. I use to tell young customers to go to this site. I don't do that anymore. Too bad for drummerworld. Lots more I could out of a lot of crap I have observed here since 2006 but I think I said enough. I really don't care if my opinions offends anyone. The truth usually does piss people off. Feel free to ban me. It's very simple to re register. Anyone that has been around here for a few years knows that. Post counts don't mean a damn thing to me. Anyone can be a king behind a computer. That is usually the sign of not being allowed to call the shots or wear that pants at home.

Just one of the reasons I don't bother coming here much. I use to be on every day. Now it's more like every few months. This crap plus the never ending (which head is better, Remo vs. Evans . . . .ect...ect.. ) Just gets old. You regulars around these parts really need to check yourselves and maybe get out of the house sometimes. Your reply is the EXACT reason Joe Morris made that thread in the general discussion area! I agree 100 %. I have seen people booted off of here many many times and I have also seen the rules re posted many times whenever a thread spirals out of control but yet, the rules don't seem to apply to EVERYONE here. It has become a "boys club" . Your either in or out. I see new members post a comment, question or video and nobody replies yet many read or watch it. One of the club members could post a video of a fart and it will get 5 stars and pages of replies. I use to tell young customers to go to this site. I don't do that anymore. Too bad for drummerworld. Lots more I could out of a lot of crap I have observed here since 2006 but I think I said enough. I really don't care if my opinions offends anyone. The truth usually does piss people off. Feel free to ban me. It's very simple to re register. Anyone that has been around here for a few years knows that. Post counts don't mean a damn thing to me. Anyone can be a king behind a computer. That is usually the sign of not being allowed to call the shots or wear that pants at home.

+ fifthyeleven frekkin' mega-zillions!

Well said. Exactly this happened to a gaming community I was a part of (though I were one of those with m any posts, but I didn't cover their backs and licking "!#€%...

Welcome to the forum!

And here are more pics from the place we practice, with a special guest L0L

Trying to say this as manly as I can... but your cat... your cat is amazingly cute. THERE I SAID IT.

I took my 2nd bass drum off my set for 5 minutes, tossed a blanket on it by mistake, and the next thing I know it's the most expensive cat bed I've owned.

Even that doesn't work, whenever I get on my set with my cat around she squeezes through the toms, and my Icon rack just to sleep.

dafuq mah kitteh has more bass than me! (all your bass are belong to kitty!)

Inb4 kitteh thread derail.

Trying to say this as manly as I can... but your cat... your cat is amazingly cute. THERE I SAID IT.

I took my 2nd bass drum off my set for 5 minutes, tossed a blanket on it by mistake, and the next thing I know it's the most expensive cat bed I've owned.

Even that doesn't work, whenever I get on my set with my cat around she squeezes through the toms, and my Icon rack just to sleep.

dafuq mah kitteh has more bass than me! (all your bass are belong to kitty!)

Inb4 kitteh thread derail.

YEAH! That little cute kitten is the band's pet, and her name is "Jazz" ='-'=

Hey Large, Zivel's cool! I like the sound of that!
Thank you :)

Way Coool !
4 pc is the way to go IMO ! Love the bass head and inventive way to mount ride cymbal..
Rock and Roll,
Peace
Thanks, strange ideas that came into my mind hehe :p

aaaand I have some new pics, first is my snaredrum with a new look, do you know where are these images?

IMG446.jpg

IMG447.jpg

IMG448.jpg

IMG449.jpg

IMG450.jpg

And Second is my new front head bass drum with my band's logo

IMG441.jpg

And finally the sleepy bears inside my bassdrum L0L
IMG452.jpg

Those guys make it sound really amazing :D

Well, thank you all for the coments, hope to read more. And don't forget to visit my band's facebook
http://www.facebook.com/zivelmx

Greeting from Mexico :D

My Evolution Drum Kit, with Evans drumheads :D
Maybe you don't belive it but this drums sounds amazing ;)

Sorry for sice of the pics, I tried to post them as "Spoiler", but It didn't work.

I'd like to read your coments and opinions :D

I love your kit. It looks great in the darkened club. Like it is waiting for its prey and ready to strike. Also great to see people in the pics. Really gave them life.
Thanks for posting.

Nice looking kit, how you play it matters more than what brand or model it is.

welcome to the forum, what part of Mexico you in? how long you been playing?

Last edited:
I love your kit. It looks great in the darkened club. Like it is waiting for its prey and ready to strike. Also great to see people in the pics. Really gave them life.
Thanks for posting.

YAY! so it was :) thanks for your comment ^_^

Nice looking kit, how you play it matters more than what brand or model it is.

welcome to the forum, what part of Mexico you in? how long you been playing?

Yep, I agrre with your first comment ;)
And I'm from Mexico City, southeastern. I've been playing the drums for almoust ten years since I was 16-17 years old. My favourite drummers: John Bonham, Keith Moon, Mike Portnoy, Yoshiki Hayashi & Ringo Starr :)

I've just have a few shows in my city, and this is how my drum kit "Penny Lane" looks on stage

This pictures are from a festival in Instituto Politecnico Nacional (public university)

IMG519.jpg

IMG517.jpg

And this other was from a show in bar called "Dobermann"

IMG542.jpg

I'm happy beacuse we're doing a great job, having new fans from every show :)
In the next month we will gonna record two new songs at Oscar Zarate's studio. Oscar Zarate is the lead guitarrist from the mexican rock band "El Tri"
And we're making our first music video from the song "Depredador", you can listen or download the song here: http://www.reverbnation.com/zivel

Greetings from Mexico ^_^

Back