NEW REWORKED & RETRO FITTED GRETSCH MICROSENSITIVE THROW

KONA

Silver Member
I got my new for 2011 Gretsch Microsensitive strainer last week. Some of you may have a Vintage Gretsch snare drum with one of those microsensitive strainers....the ones that are prone to break down and are very expensive to replace - if you can even find them these days.

I took my Vintage strainer and butt end off my drum and stored it. It's nice to keep the Period correct parts for vintage keep-sake purposes.

This new strainer works beautifully. I'm very happy with it.
Nice work Gretsch !

Now.................... lets see some Stick-Chopper hoops, 6 hole die-cast hoops (Dixieland snare hoops) and Gladstone Era tom leg supports.........? Now I'm just being greedy haha.

You can view the new strainer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eize23RuUTM

Very cool. I like the dual adjusting feature for the butt plate and it looks nice too.

I've always liked how they had the drum key holder on the shell too. Just thought it was neat--and the key itself was nicely designed. Don't see that much deatil put into things like drum key's anymore.

I've always liked how they had the drum key holder on the shell too. Just thought it was neat--and the key itself was nicely designed. Don't see that much deatil put into things like drum key's anymore.

Ever see the old Ludwig Speed Keys? They had a big fold-out lever for "Hi-Speed Tuning".

I've always liked how they had the drum key holder on the shell too. Just thought it was neat--and the key itself was nicely designed.

Yes - I have a 60's Gretsch snare drum that has the snap-in key holder like my old 69 snare had.

You can order that feature on the Custome USA Gretsch snare drums now.

Back