Tama Warlord Masai Kit. Thats right, Kit. Not just snare :)

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
Limited Edition Tama Warlord Masai Kit.

Hello y'all, This is my pride and joy, my Limited Edition Tama Warlord Masai Kit, which I nick named "The Masai Monster"

Only 100 of these have been made and out of those 100, only 3 are in Canada (Calgary, Vancouver and My house). They are 100% Bubinga Shell with a Quilted Bubinga outer ply in African Twilight Finish with Antique Black finish Hardware and Black Diamond (Jet Black) crystal in every lug. These pictures do not do it justice, to truly appreciate them you'd have to see them in person ;)

Specs:
Bass Drum 9ply/8mm
Snare 12ply/10mm
Toms 9ply/7mm

Drums: Tama Warlord Masai
-22"x18" Kick Drum
-14"x6" Snare Drum
-8"x7" Rack Tom
-10"x8" Rack Tom
-12"x9" Rack Tom
-14"x12" Floor Tom
-16"x14" Floor Tom
-280mm Octoban
-301mm Octoban

Cymbals
-Zildjian A Custom/Z Custom Hats 13"
-Zildjian K Hats 13"
-Zildjian A Sweet Ride 21"
-Stagg Chime 6"
-Sabian Max Stax 8"
-Wuhan Chinese 16"
-Zildjian K Custom Dark Crash 17"
-Zildjian A Custom Crash 16" (my favourite, but unfortunately cracked)
-Zildjian K Custom Dark Crash 18"
-Wuhan Chinese 12"
-Zildjian Oriental China Trash 16"

Hardware
-Pearl Icon Curved Rack (Used by Virgil Donati during his clinic in Edmonton June 09')
-Pearl Remote Cable HiHat Stand
-Tama Iron Cobra Velo Glide Hihat Stand
-Pearl Demon Drive Double Pedals
-Tama Roadpro Omni-Ball Snare Stand
-Tama Short Tom Arms (x3)
-Pearl CH1000 Cymbal Arms (x8)
-Pearl PCX100 Clamp (x9)
-Pearl PCX200 Clamp (x1)
-Pearl UX80 Extension (great for Remote Cable hihat)
-Tama 2 Piece Octoban Stand
-Vater Drink Holder (favourite piece of hardware)
-Tama Wide Rider Trio Cloth Top Throne

Sticks
-Vic Firth American Classic 3A Sticks
-Vic Firth American Classic 2B Nylon Tip Sticks
-Pro-Mark Hot Rods
-Vic Firth SD6 Swizzle Mallet/Stick
-Vic Firth Alex Acuna Conquistador Timbale Sticks
-Pro-Mark Brushes

I'd love to get some feed back on my set up!
I haven't gotten around to recording any sound clips yet, but i do have a video on youtube playing a cover with my kit all mic'd up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEDqNX4lPOU

-Jonathan

Attachments

• Tama Warlord DW 1.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 1.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 13,177
  • Tama Warlord DW 2.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 2.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 10,256
  • Tama Warlord DW 3.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 3.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 9,915
  • Tama Warlord DW 4.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 4.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 9,744
  • Tama Warlord DW 5.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 5.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 9,964
  • Tama Warlord DW 6.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 6.jpg
    383.3 KB · Views: 9,844
  • Tama Warlord DW 7.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 7.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 9,592
  • Tama Warlord DW 8.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 8.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 9,993
  • Tama Warlord DW 9.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 9.jpg
    338 KB · Views: 9,450
  • Tama Warlord DW 10.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 10.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 9,442
  • Tama Warlord DW 11.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 11.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 26,424
  • Tama Warlord DW 12.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 12.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 9,219
  • Tama Warlord DW 13.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 13.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 9,197
  • Tama Warlord DW 14.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 14.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 9,200
  • Tama Warlord DW 15.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 15.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 9,108
  • Tama Warlord DW 16.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 16.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 9,012
  • Tama Warlord DW 17.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 17.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 8,946
  • Tama Warlord DW 18.jpg
    Tama Warlord DW 18.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 9,149
Last edited:
I saw on of those up at Dales before it looks like something out of dungeons and dragons. Nice drums man.

BEAUTIFUL kit man! I like the set up a lot... and those cymbals are killer!

Good job on the youtube video too!

Do the drums tune up well?

BEAUTIFUL kit man! I like the set up a lot... and those cymbals are killer!

Good job on the youtube video too!

Do the drums tune up well?

Thankyou!!

like you wouldn't believe, thanx to tama's die cast hoops it's a breeze to tune; super responsive, nice and stiff (which prevents it from warping) and so on.

-Jonathan

Beautiful kit Man! That really is the top of the line Tama. Good on you! Great cymbals too. I bet it is hard to drag your self away from her.

Great job on the you tube clip. The different camera angles were great. The kit sounds unreal. Man your keeping up with Thomas Pridgen and doing a great job of it too! Love the set up and keep up the good work mate.

Wow that's like what? £5000 or something? Amazing kit mate you must be loaded dude.

well, the kit itself (no hardware/cymbals/heads) was only about £3800 (or approx. $6800 canadian).

Hardware was approx. £850 (or $1500 Canadian). that rack+ cymbal arms was not cheap...

and cymbals were £1000 ($1800 Canadian). for a grand total of £5700 ($10000 Canadian).

wow. i never realized how much it was till now.

lol I'm not loaded, I'm 17 (I was 15 when i purchased the kit) and live at home, so i have very few living expenses, so all the money i saved from working could go towards my drums. then over a year later i purchased the rack, and for the last few years I've been collecting my assortment of cymbals. I don't think I would of appreciated my kit as much if i had purchased everything at once.

oh and i almost forgot, my awesome Dad, (as my christmas present) took care of the down payment. words cannot express how much i love him! I'm really truly grateful to have such a loving supporting Father.

-Jonathan

Georgous kit. I love the finish.

Wow! You own one of these at 17? Count your blessings man! It looks wonderful!

lol nice dad.

im 17 as well im trying to convince my dad to buy me a dw for my 18th. its second hand but only the 10th birch kit dw ever made apparently for only £1200

but nice kit im jelous

Wow! Congratulations. I'm sure having such an special kit makes it an absolute joy to practise. If you're 17 and you've already had the kit for 2 years, I'm scared to think how far all that practising will take you in 2 more. Thomas Pridgen in no time. Keep rocking man.

amazing finish, but ugh i hate tama lugs

well, the kit itself (no hardware/cymbals/heads) was only about £3800 (or approx. $6800 canadian).

Hardware was approx. £850 (or $1500 Canadian). that rack+ cymbal arms was not cheap...

and cymbals were £1000 ($1800 Canadian). for a grand total of £5700 ($10000 Canadian).

wow. i never realized how much it was till now.

lol I'm not loaded, I'm 17 (I was 15 when i purchased the kit) and live at home, so i have very few living expenses, so all the money i saved from working could go towards my drums. then over a year later i purchased the rack, and for the last few years I've been collecting my assortment of cymbals. I don't think I would of appreciated my kit as much if i had purchased everything at once.

oh and i almost forgot, my awesome Dad, (as my christmas present) took care of the down payment. words cannot express how much i love him! I'm really truly grateful to have such a loving supporting Father.

-Jonathan

yeah well stuff is cheaper over there. It was about 4.5 on thomann, and that was before the pound crash! Also wow 17 mate you're so lucky to have that stuff, and i'm glad to hear you worked for it too, that's really impressive because obviously most teenagers (EH included) would save up like £50 and spend it on a load of crap lol.

dont you wish now though that they made an iron cobra remote hat :p

Back