Oh NO!

805Drummer

Gold Member
Oh god...I was just practicing my double bass, when all of a sudden, I go to retune my SuperKick II, when I notice it has a huge rip in it!
It didn't break all the way through, but the first thin layer of the head completely ripped open, and now it's kind of just flapping about!
So what should I do? Is the head done for? I would REALLY prefer not to spend another $50 now...
Should I run to the local music store real quick and buy a bass drum patch?
I just really want to be able to play when by DW 5000s arrive, and this sucks!

Will a bass drum patch over the rips affect the sound of the head?
Or is there anything else I can do?

Call aquarian, they may send you a new one. Also, tune it tighter next time.
Wayne

Sell your new Hoodie on eBay and buy a head.

LOL, I think I'm gonna call Aquarian...I love my new hoodie=D

Thanks!

Also, if one of you guys could AIM me, I have a question...I'm not so sure if I can discuss it on the forum, but it does have to do with drumming--pertaining to sponsorships.

Define "huge", how big is it? A patch should hold you for a while although it'll affect the sound. I've played through this problem before but didn't wait too long just in case, replaced it within a couple weeks or so.

Define "huge", how big is it? A patch should hold you for a while although it'll affect the sound. I've played through this problem before but didn't wait too long just in case, replaced it within a couple weeks or so.

I'm not gonna lie, the closest way I can describe it is that it looks like a swastika with three lines instead of four, with a whole in the middle, about the diameter of a pencil. A patch would cover most of it.

Would Aquarian really send me a new one? And would it be better to call or email them?

I'm not gonna lie, the closest way I can describe it is that it looks like a swastika with three lines instead of four, with a whole in the middle, about the diameter of a pencil. A patch would cover most of it.

Would Aquarian really send me a new one? And would it be better to call or email them?

Depends on whether you want to be on hold for 5 hours or waiting for a reply for 2 weeks. I have no experience with Aquarian but this is my experience with customer service in general.
But you really might as well patch it unless you got big gigs or whatever coming up where it's really important that you have a bass head without patches.

Depends on whether you want to be on hold for 5 hours or waiting for a reply for 2 weeks. I have no experience with Aquarian but this is my experience with customer service in general.
But you really might as well patch it unless you got big gigs or whatever coming up where it's really important that you have a bass head without patches.

There wouldn't be a 5 hour or 2 week waiting period. If it is a new head, they may replace it. Email them. They usually respond the same day. If it is an old head, don't bother . Eaither way, the head is shot and you need a new one. You should always use a patch. Using one such as a Remo falams will extend the life of the head.

Yeah, I'm definitely emailing them with a picture, because this head is only three weeks old.

Ooh, and this gives me an excuse to get a patch! I was planning on getting the Aquarian one, because I've heard bad things about the Falams. Either that, or the Evans EQ.

I don't understand. Is it a hole or a rip?

It's a shallow rip, with a whole in the middle. It only goes through 1 ply, though. I just sent an email to Aquarian. However, now it's time to break out the Yamaha DD-55! I forgot how awesome this thing is.

It's a shallow rip, with a whole in the middle. It only goes through 1 ply, though. I just sent an email to Aquarian. However, now it's time to break out the Yamaha DD-55! I forgot how awesome this thing is.

Are you kidding? hahaha DD-55...

Are you kidding? hahaha DD-55...

Say what you want, but I love my 55. I think I'll make a video of me playing it...it's so cool! With my nice headphones, it sounds better than a studio! Plus, I can switch from jazz to rock to metal in seconds! I can customize each pad to make it sound exactly how I want it...even double bass!

Say what you want, but I love my 55. I think I'll make a video of me playing it...it's so cool! With my nice headphones, it sounds better than a studio! Plus, I can switch from jazz to rock to metal in seconds! I can customize each pad to make it sound exactly how I want it...even double bass!

Doesn't it lag if you hit to fast? Like if you did a drum roll?

Doesn't it lag if you hit to fast? Like if you did a drum roll?

Nope! You'd think it would, but it's a very well made product. The only disadvantage is that it's set up really compact...not like a real drumset. But I can do incredibly fast rolls on it. I'll make a video soon to showcase it.

LOL, I think I'm gonna call Aquarian...I love my new hoodie=D

Thanks!

Also, if one of you guys could AIM me, I have a question...I'm not so sure if I can discuss it on the forum, but it does have to do with drumming--pertaining to sponsorships.

What about sponsorships, and why not on the forum?

Back