Help this drummer girl get votes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTiffyPop

Hi everyone!

I entered a female drumming contest and I need help getting online votes! Please go to the link below and hit vote!

It's a video of me playing Suspicious Minds by Elvis.

The song is a little off with me since we had two tracks going at once and the multiple editing shots but overall it's a cool video and I worked hard!

Subscribe to my channel as well if you'd like TheTiffyPop

Here is the link to vote for my video! Please and thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, and I hope you've come to Drummerworld to join in the discussions, and not just trying to get votes. :)

Bermuda

Where to start? Loud with feeling? Have to think about that. Never was a big Elvis fan, but that song was a favorite of mine. Your timing at the beginning needs some work or practice for a contest entry song, and you are way over playing on that song. One of the things I like about that song is it's nice driving beat, and you have tried to make a punk rock song out of it by playing at twice the speed. I would suggest a new song with a little more attention to the timing of the song. Sometimes in drumming it's what you don't play that is more important than showing a lot of chops.

Here is the King and the original song. Listen to the great rhythm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBmAPYkPeYU

Seems like we're getting an influx of these each year..

I've noticed this too on a couple of other drum forums that I visit. They sign on only to scavenger some votes and then they're never heard from again.

I listened, but as usual, no comment.

Dennis

Valid points Bo but my distaste for it was that the drumming just didn't fit the song or vibe. She mentioned on her entry that she could play loud with feeling, but I saw no feeling that wasn't rushed, just loud. I would have picked a better piece for a contest that showed less chops and more staying in the groove.

No Way Ted. Loud and fast does not always equal good feel or groove.
On positive note you have good energy and keep good time through the many, many, many, many, many runs on the toms.

Was this not the great Ronnie Tutt on drums on the recording of this Elvis song? Does this poster even know or care who Mr. Tutt is? Will she ever return to contribute to other discussions on DW, even on a semi-regular basis? Stay tuned ......

p.s. I can post an in-depth article on Tutt published in Classic Drummer magazine a few years ago if someone likes.

I'm sorry, but that song you need to feel the rhythm when you play. I heard a hard rock drummer trying to play oldies. It does not work. If you are entering a contest, play a song to your style or play the song the way it was meant to be played.

p.s. I can post an in-depth article on Tutt published in Classic Drummer magazine a few years ago if someone likes.

Larry, I've just started a new Ronnie Tutt thread in the drummers section, with the aim of consolidating all the other little Ronnie threads floating around the place.

Love to see it, can you post it there please?

Tiff, come and join in the fun. I'll always help where I can if you ask for it......but I don't do Facebook or internet "votes" sorry.

Okay...

I don't really mind the occasional "student" survey, because at least we get to participate in a little R&D.

This is clearly different. 24 hours passed since her post, and she couldn't even be bothered to check back for responses. Sorry, but I really resent a hit & run poster pimping us for contest votes. That's not what this forum is about.

Link deleted, thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back