Favorite Configuration(s)?

Wopsey

Okay, well I think everyone has a personal opinion on what a good looking drum kit is/isn't.

For me, I personally HATE the look of standard 5 piece kits, no matter how they're set up (2 up 1 down, 1 up 2 down, etc). Idk why, I've just ALWAYS hated it. Back when I only had a 5 piece, I'd actually use it in a 4 piece configuration and have my 10" tom just sitting in the corner.

I now have a 6 piece (going back and forth between 3 up 1 down and 2 up 2 down atm) and feel it looks a hell of a lot better than a 5 piece, but not quite like a 4 piece.

Idk what it is, but there's something about a 4 piece that looks sexy.. I have yet to find a better looking more simple kit than a 4 piece.

Anyway, what kind of configurations do you guys like?

I've always been fond of 34-24-34. But at my age I am willing to compromise.

I like the 4 octobans on the left, 3 toms in the front and 2 floors and a gong drum on the right. Then again, I like the 3 piece setups, the 4 piece setups, setups with floors on the left and everything in between. As long as it's comfortable to play it's alright with me. In church I play a 7 piece. At home I play a 7 piece. With one band I use a 5 piece and with the other band I use a 4 piece. So what's my favorite? Probably the biggest, because of the options.

I dig 2up, 1dn but with a little twist, move the 2up towards the HH to get the ride in closer.

Attachments

• Studio 021.jpg
    Studio 021.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 327
  • Studio 018.jpg
    Studio 018.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 321
Nuff said...........

2171551360028342110S600x600Q85.jpg

2-up, 2-down a la Danny Carey. It packs and transports like a 5-pc (because there's always room for an 8" tom), but I still get the tonal flexibility of a 6-pc.

I like to listen to, look at, and talk about anything. I like to play a standard 1u1d four piece or 1u2d five piece.

I tend to prefer a 4 piece (1 up, 1 down)
picture.php

but my favorite set up is 2 up and 2 down like this
picture.php

At the moment I really dig playing a 5 piece, but if I had the time to work it all out I'd love to switch the drums out to a 4 piece. I love the look of a 4 piece, but the versatility of a 5 piece is great.

George.

I play 3up/2down....always have.

F

For me, I personally HATE the look of standard 5 piece kits, no matter how they're set up (2 up 1 down, 1 up 2 down, etc). Idk why, I've just ALWAYS hated it.

Look away now then:
Kit_01.jpg

Favourite config right there; the old standard in rock: 1 up, 2 down.

I myself am a big fan of the 1 up, 2 down configuration with a second snare (tuned noticeably higher) to the left of the high hat.

Back