Do I have a boom stand?

Adam Bourque

I ordered a PDP 700 Boom stand and I got it a couple of months ago. I noticed that it is not much different then my normal ludwig stand, and it does not extend (Or it could, maybe I didn't set it up right?)

Here are some pictures, is it a boom stand?

2yy1tm0.jpg

acyebq.jpg

Thank you!

(PS IF IT IS A BOOM STAND HOW DO I FIX IT SO IT CAN GO AT A ANGLE/DIAGONAL TOWARDS ME)

Loosen the wing nut that attaches to the smaller tube (the one with the grooves) and pull the arm almost all the way out. It can then rotate.

Great invention the hideaway boom is.
You can have both a straight and a boom stand in one.

Thanks, I feel so dumb ahah!
Don't beat yourself up too much. I stumbled upon this creation only recently myself.
I ordered a Gibraltar Retro Vintage Flat Base boom cymbal stand and it didn't say anything in the product description about it being convertible to a straight stand.
It took me a few minutes after I opened the box to discover how it worked.
My Automotive Technician experience saved me. I recognized the boom tilter and I put 2 + 2 together.
You would think that they would advertise this feature!

Hey I just started using 7 of those, but Sound Percussion brand and had never seen the hideaway boom either. My old Tama RoadPro stands sat in a friends basement and rusted so when I bought I new drumset, I went with new stands as well.

They are super-sturdy (double-braced) and WAY lighter. Kind of ironic, I went from a no-name brand drumset and Tama stands to a Tama drumset and generic brand stands.

Back