DW spindle throne

flamtap

Organizing some hardware, I found my long lost DW seat, but no throne. Not sure where that is, but it's missing.
Anyways, does anyone know of a place that'll sell just the throne? Spin type..
Not having any luck searching. Thanks

Attachments

• DW Seat.JPG
    DW Seat.JPG
    342.1 KB · Views: 121
Wouldnt a normal Tom holder stand play the role of a throne?

Just make sure you get the heavy, double-braced ones and the diameter of the tube fits.

Wouldnt a normal Tom holder stand play the role of a throne?

Just make sure you get the heavy, double-braced ones and the diameter of the tube fits.

It will, I've done it.

You need a clamp style bracket on the seat bottom and the foot print is much larger than a throne base, plus it won't go low, there's a pretty high minimum height.

True. However, the footprint base is there for cymbals because it is hard to judge how far the cymbal will extend out and how many things you are clamping on it.

You can take those stands and adjust the footprint base to fit the constrained space. A smaller footprint base is enough for a drummer (who doesnt move his/her butt around :))

As for height, saw off part of the tube.

2 of my buddy drummers have done that and are using tom holder stands as their drum throne and it has, surprisingly, served them well.

Of course, YMMV as well as the stand you get. If the length of the tube is not the limiting factor as to how low the seat can go, then the above will not work.

You can take those stands and adjust the footprint base to fit the constrained space.

When/if you do try it, you'll find as footprint decreases, stand height increases.

The shortest you can chop a TAMA cymbal stand tube (double braced stand) is around 14-15"

With legs folded to an acceptably small footprint, this nets a min stool height (@ bottom of seat) of around 22"............ which is getting up there.

I've already done this for a bass player with a back injury. I don't recommend it for drummers... too high.

Back