Roger Biwandu here...

Woah! Great having you here Roger Biwandu. Your drumming is always excellent! Nice to see another Rugby fan too!

What was it like working with MC Solaar? He's one of my favorite artists. Cheers man!

Mike

Hey Mike,

Thanks for your messge Man.

You know, I never played with MC Solaar, I mean yes I did, but it's because he was invited by a band with who I was playing, so he was just singing 16 bars by night with us during 3 night at L'Olympia in Paris, it was fun and he a nice Guy.

Thanks again for your kind words about my drumming, take care Mike.

Roger.
PS : by the way nice kit, I prefer Quick Beat than K hi-hat though... :)

Woah! Great having you here Roger Biwandu. Your drumming is always excellent! Nice to see another Rugby fan too!

What was it like working with MC Solaar? He's one of my favorite artists. Cheers man!

Mike

Whats uppp Rodge!!!! I am quickly becoming addicted to this forum! LOL

I have a song i want to send you, would like to know what style it is. Wanna hear? Its from Congo but i dont know what genre. Maybe you can help.
Big hugs
pm

Yo Phil,

Yes, send me this song please !!!

What's up ?
Where are you ?

Take care Bro'.

Hey Rodge...I am in NY. Will be in Europe late august and part of September.

Man...I misplaced the song...cant find it on my drives. I have 7 external drives. Keeping track is sometimes a nightmare...uffff

What else going on with you? Are you in Paris now?
hugs
pm

Hello.
I have a question for you Roger. If you could only practice for 1 hour of evry day, what would your practice routine be?
// Vincent

Hello.
I have a question for you Roger. If you could only practice for 1 hour of evry day, what would your practice routine be?
// Vincent

So 1 hours everyday, it's really short, just the time to warm up, but I would say some rudiment (Stick Control) on a pad with a metronome.

On drums I would just play like a crazy during this too short time, but also some stuff with a metronome.

Depends also if I would have some songs to learn...

Hey Rodge...I am in NY. Will be in Europe late august and part of September.

Man...I misplaced the song...cant find it on my drives. I have 7 external drives. Keeping track is sometimes a nightmare...uffff

What else going on with you? Are you in Paris now?
hugs
pm

Yo Bro', so in Paris you'll be next september ?

Have fun, summer sucks big time in France !!!

Hugs.

Rodge.

So 1 hours everyday, it's really short, just the time to warm up, but I would say some rudiment (Stick Control) on a pad with a metronome.

On drums I would just play like a crazy during this too short time, but also some stuff with a metronome.

Depends also if I would have some songs to learn...

Hello
Thank you for the quick answer. It means a lot.
// Vincent.

Bonjour Roger

I just stop by to say "un beau bonjour" au cousin français.

Can you tell me what I should listen that you're the most proud of your playing.

Prends soin de toi et à la prochaine.

PS. Est qu'il t'arrive des fois de faire un arrêt à Montréal ?

A+

Bonjour Mind_Drummer,

Thanks for your message.

I was in Montreal third times in one year, twice in the great Spectrum (I love to play there and I'm very sad that they gonna destroy it...) with Salif Keita, and one time with the GREAT Joe Zawinul for the jazz festival.

I'm ok wit a band named Chic Hot, the name of the album is "Satyagraha", you can hear on song on my website http://www.rogerbiwandu.com

And most important, my album (acoustic jazz) should be release by next september/october, I'm VERY proud of the whole thing as I did write most of the music played.

All right, thanks again for your message.

Bonjour Roger

I just stop by to say "un beau bonjour" au cousin français.

Can you tell me what I should listen that you're the most proud of your playing.

Prends soin de toi et à la prochaine.

PS. Est qu'il t'arrive des fois de faire un arrêt à Montréal ?

A+

Bonjour Mind_Drummer,

Thanks for your message.

I was in Montreal third times in one year, twice in the great Spectrum (I love to play there and I'm very sad that they gonna destroy it...) with Salif Keita, and one time with the GREAT Joe Zawinul for the jazz festival.

I'm ok wit a band named Chic Hot, the name of the album is "Satyagraha", you can hear on song on my website http://www.rogerbiwandu.com

And most important, my album (acoustic jazz) should be release by next september/october, I'm VERY proud of the whole thing as I did write most of the music played.

All right, thanks again for your message.

Merci Roger de ta réponse.

Yeah I agree it's sad about the Montreal Spectrum.

I listened the tune on your web site and there's some great playing right there.

Awesome is the right word.

Looking forward for more...

Thank's for sharing.

Take care A+

Hello Roger.
I realise that whatever way of practice, the only way of learning is doing it again and again and again, but what do you think is the best way of practiceing foot indepnedence?
Thanks.
// Vincent.

Hey Rodger, Didnt realize you were here!!! : )

How lucky we are! Anyway, not knowing this, I started a thread on your playing of Palladium, which you might want to check out.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32649

Is that a songo, you are playing?

I will use this opportunity to say that Weather Report was a very stong influence for me, which is how I came about discovering you. I then saw all your clips on the youtube.

Having had the good fortune to spend some time with some of the the 'greats', I have come to feel that there are very good drummers and then there are the special ones.

I think you are one of the special ones.

Look forward to more great music from you, and thanks for being on Drummerworld.

Au revoir..

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Thanks again to you all for your great support, sorry, I took too long time for giving some news...

But I'm back around, and I want to tell you that the great Bernhard Castiglioni went you to give me the huge honor to be in the main list of his INCREDIBLE website, the best about the drum community worldwide.

So you can give a look, you'll see some video, drum solo, some exctract of my album and some cool photo.
http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Roger_Biwandu.html

Take care everybody and enjoy.

Roger "Kemp" Biwandu.

Back