Tama iron cobra pedals

Ricandrummr

i got an older model of the IC pedals. without the cobra coils. need help with the spring tensioning. im a beginner in it, havent had much practice despite having those pedals for over 3 yrs. i know people are a bit picky and superstitous about spring tension. but which way does it get tighter and which way does it get loose? and how does it affect the feel and playing? should there be a setting for a beginner? like lose or tight or in between? i got a double pedal. i know that my left leg is the one that needs most of the work. i was thinking of buying a bass drum practice pad so i wont have to annoy my neighbors with the playing.

Just mess around with the tension until you find what feels good to you. Some people like really tight springs, Some like really loose springs, And some people like springs to be tensioned somewheres i'm between. I'm one of the people that like's my springs in the middle. To adjust the springs. you turn the two black adjuster things (not sure of the proper name) Twist the top one loose first if you want to make them tighter, If you want to make them looser turn the bottom one first. I hope this helps.

You have two threads going on this subject, One here in Pedals, and one in Gen Dis.
Why didn't you move your other thread when you were asked instead of starting this new one?

Link to other thread. http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70264

In the other thread, two video links were posted by two different members to help you.
Did you watch the vids?
In the videos the spring adjustment was shown.
If you had a question after watching the vids you should have asked it in the other thread after you moved it to the Pedals section.

Last edited:
thanks razorx. only one that gave me a real answer. i guess i'll keep playing around with it. it'll be better after i buy my bass drum practice pad. then i'll have more time to practice.

Back