My Sonor - 100% ROCK!

They definitely do. I'd love to get a German-made Sonor (the Force kits are made in China), but the price jumps up a fair bit between the Chinese and the German kits. Here's hoping :)

I just have to say, i love that cymbal setup. Are the byzance traditionals very bright?

Definitely not, they're pretty dark, and very trashy compared to the "normal" Zildjian, Sabian and Paiste models. I personally love them, but they're definitely different. I recommend you check them out though, you might fall in love with them just like I did :)

Definitely not, they're pretty dark, and very trashy compared to the "normal" Zildjian, Sabian and Paiste models. I personally love them, but they're definitely different. I recommend you check them out though, you might fall in love with them just like I did :)

Ha i was actually hoing you would say they were dark.

Ive been looking for some cymbals that sound dark but could project for rock.

So far these, and sabian HHxs and zildjian K customs (which I am not a fan of) are the only lines a can find

Ha i was actually hoing you would say they were dark.

Ive been looking for some cymbals that sound dark but could project for rock.

So far these, and sabian HHxs and zildjian K customs (which I am not a fan of) are the only lines a can find

I personally love K Customs and don't like HHX much at all, but the Byzance cymbals beat them all. The hihats in particular are absolutely divine! If I could fault them at all, it would be that the bell of the Medium Ride is a little weak, and the cymbal builds up a lot of wash. That's the tradeoff for having a ride that has great crashability though, it's practically impossible to get it all. All in all, it's a great ride.

Back