100% birch

All Tama Roadpro stands
14'' AAX stage hi hats
16'' AAXpolsion crash
18'' AAXpolsion crash
21'' AAX stage ride
10'' MEINL splash

Aquarian Super Kick II Drumhead 22"
Remo Weather King Clear Ambassador Head( Resonate heads on all toms)
Remo Powerstroke 3 Clear Batter (Toms)
Remo Controlled Sound Coated Dot Top Snare Batter Regular
(heads are on its way)

DW 9002 double pedals

Ive had this set for about 1 month and about 5 months of drumming. Love every minute of it.

I play mostly punk.
JoJo Mayer.....Bobby Schayer with tama, was the reason i listened to punk, solid drummer imo. Brandon Barnes has a nice tame setup he was a jazz player. Zac Zarro, being my age and all, is a very talented drummer, Travis had a solid career but now his style is IMO "commercial".... he'll still be an idol. Theres many other drummers but i wont name them all. Sorry if i offended anybody with the drummers ive named. I know they are not really the best drummers in the world but they inspired me to do what i love to do now, drum.

Attachments

• IMG_0583.JPG
    IMG_0583.JPG
    300.7 KB · Views: 938
  • IMG_0584.jpg
    IMG_0584.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 795
  • IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    264.3 KB · Views: 924
  • IMG_0601.jpg
    IMG_0601.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 793
  • IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 828
any advice for new set ups positions would be awesome, like i said im new any advice would be nice. pedal placement positions would deff help a lot!!

Nice set!

But before you start playing, tear it all down and start over! Here's what I recommend when getting a drum set up for the first time:

Set your bass drum up and put your pedals on there. Adjust your seat to a comfortable height and see where your feet fall in the most comfortable way on the pedals. Then add your snare. Play around a bit with heights and angles and play the bass and snare and once that's comfortable, add your hi-hat into the set up. 95% of your playing will center around these three instruments, so they get priority and you must be the most comfortable when playing those. The whole idea is to be relaxed and comfy - you can't play good if your body is twisted just to play a basic beat centered on the bass, snare and hat.

Once this is done, if you like two rack toms on top of the bass drum, put those up but concentrate on where you like your ride cymbal - this is the other hi-hat that will get played the most, so this must also be in the right spot and at the right height for you. Once these items are set in the best spot for you, you will configure the toms and crash cymbals around these for the best playing experience.

Do this first and you will be on your way to playing more relaxed, which will mean more confidence because you're not fighting your body to play the instrument. In the long run, setting up this way will also avoid back problems too. If you want to see an in-depth explanation of this, check out Bill Ward's Big Time DVD. He pretty much says the same thing - I've been doing this way before I heard of him, but he tells it the best.

Attached below is a picture of my set, if you notice, everything is where my hands would naturally fall. I can play for hours and concentrate on my playing, and not on physically stretching to get to anything (and I get to show off my Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite Customs). Do note that where I have the hi-hat in the picture is a little off. My hat is actually pushed forward a little more - the way it's photographed looks like my right leg is shorter than the other, and it's not. Hope that helps!

Attachments

• kit-frnt.jpg
    kit-frnt.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 987
  • kit-back.jpg
    kit-back.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 693
Nice set!

But before you start playing, tear it all down and start over! Here's what I recommend when getting a drum set up for the first time:

Set your bass drum up and put your pedals on there. Adjust your seat to a comfortable height and see where your feet fall in the most comfortable way on the pedals. Then add your snare. Play around a bit with heights and angles and play the bass and snare and once that's comfortable, add your hi-hat into the set up. 95% of your playing will center around these three instruments, so they get priority and you must be the most comfortable when playing those. The whole idea is to be relaxed and comfy - you can't play good if your body is twisted just to play a basic beat centered on the bass, snare and hat.

Once this is done, if you like two rack toms on top of the bass drum, put those up but concentrate on where you like your ride cymbal - this is the other hi-hat that will get played the most, so this must also be in the right spot and at the right height for you. Once these items are set in the best spot for you, you will configure the toms and crash cymbals around these for the best playing experience.

Do this first and you will be on your way to playing more relaxed, which will mean more confidence because you're not fighting your body to play the instrument. In the long run, setting up this way will also avoid back problems too. If you want to see an in-depth explanation of this, check out Bill Ward's Big Time DVD. He pretty much says the same thing - I've been doing this way before I heard of him, but he tells it the best.

Attached below is a picture of my set, if you notice, everything is where my hands would naturally fall. I can play for hours and concentrate on my playing, and not on physically stretching to get to anything (and I get to show off my Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite Customs). Do note that where I have the hi-hat in the picture is a little off. My hat is actually pushed forward a little more - the way it's photographed looks like my right leg is shorter than the other, and it's not. Hope that helps!

Are you trying to break the record for number of pics posted of your kit or something ;)

Are you trying to break the record for number of pics posted of your kit or something ;)

Oh yeah. I don't think I've ever liked a kit more in all the years I've been playing. And I think I've owned them all at one point or another (but not Pearl, go figure). I think it's the sound. That hard bubinga wood gives it this 'boing' that's kinda' cool. Yamaha's Oak Customs get really close, but I've never heard it in maple or birch shells. So you can either see pictures of my Tama kit, or my other favorite, the Sonor Safari - which everyone here is picking up on too!

Nice set!

Thank you for the advice!! I deff went about that when i first got my set and worked around those 3 parts of my instrument.

BTW, your kit is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Back