Drum Heads for PDP Platinum

samit188

I have been drumming for 10 years, but have never bought a drumset. My first set is going to be a PDP Platinum Series (Tobacco to Black Curly, Maple) - 10in and 12in rack toms, 14in and 16in floor toms, and a 22in bass drum. I want to buy new heads and other gear with my drumset, so I can negotiate a significant discount. My drumming style is similar to drummers for John Mayer, Maroon 5, and Red Hot Chili Peppers. What kind of drumheads do you recommend?

I have been drumming for 10 years, but have never bought a drumset. My first set is going to be a PDP Platinum Series (Tobacco to Black Curly, Maple) - 10in and 12in rack toms, 14in and 16in floor toms, and a 22in bass drum. I want to buy new heads and other gear with my drumset, so I can negotiate a significant discount. My drumming style is similar to drummers for John Mayer, Maroon 5, and Red Hot Chili Peppers. What kind of drumheads do you recommend?

My PDP CXR kit should be pretty similar to yours. I like white suede or coated ambassador batter heads with clear ambassador reso. If you prefer a heavier, slightly less open one clear emperors work well too.

My PDP Platinum White Oyster set used to have REMO REnaissance Emperors on them. great sound! also recommend Vintage Ambassadors.

I've got that same kit in Tobacco to Black Burst, and went through a couple of different heads before finding some I really like. I ended up with Aquarian Studio-X Coated heads, and left the factory reso heads in place. Good luck!

Back