Post-gig grub

brady

Platinum Member
I was wondering where all of you go for a bite to eat/drink after your shows, if you go as a band.

Is there a Taco Bell or White Castle equivalent in other countries where you can always find drunks at 2 in the morning?

We usually do a bbq or Cracker Barrel or something like that since we don't really play any late night shows.

So, if you have one, what's your favorite after-show hangout DW?

In britain we have these things called "kebab shops" that you'll find most drunks in during the early hours of the morning. In this city known as "manchester" there is this road called the "curry mile" where there are a lot of these and other similar eataries. The highest concentration in europe, as a matter of fact. Not eaten at one of these myself because the latest we finished at a show as a band was about 10. Not been in a band in ages though.

As a sell out covers band, food and drinks are given to us in between sets, you could say it's an industry standard, we usually eat whatever the guests at the wedding or party are having, I've never been given a bad meal :)

deep fried burritos (AKA gut-bombs...yum) from Alsups or Town and Country (both gas stations in west texas)

Eddiehimself - what a tiny world this is. Whenever we play Manchester there's a great kebab emporium on the curry-mile called Camel One. Everything on it and then three days in bed. Marvellous invention the kebab.

Alvarado's here in Omaha is pretty amazing. They have a few locations around town but the one I go to is an old abandoned Taco Bell. Everything there is deep fried texmex.
I've also done to truck stops, Perkins, Denny's, and of course Taco Bell.
The best is when we go to a certain small town after party. We get to have another beer or two and they throw a casserole in the oven.

Alvarado's here in Omaha is pretty amazing. They have a few locations around town but the one I go to is an old abandoned Taco Bell. Everything there is deep fried texmex.
I've also done to truck stops, Perkins, Denny's, and of course Taco Bell.
The best is when we go to a certain small town after party. We get to have another beer or two and they throw a casserole in the oven.

You live in Omaha!? I thought I was the only one one DW stuck here. Small world...I live in Papillion.

So where/what is Alavarado's? I've only been here about 1 year and a half.

Lafayette Coney Island is great after a gig!

I agree but don't. don't. get too loaded because the TRIP too the bathroom may be just that LOL

If anybody's been there they know what I mean it's like going too a bomb shelter LMAO

great coney's through

Bonzolead

You live in Omaha!? I thought I was the only one one DW stuck here. Small world...I live in Papillion.

So where/what is Alavarado's? I've only been here about 1 year and a half.

It's the opposite end of town from Papillion (3420 N 90th St) but is worth the drive. It's pretty inexpensive but quite tasty.

Back