Suggestions for a hi-hat stand?

hotpocket

I just bought a Vh-11 for my Roland kit and I need to grab a hi-hat stand. I'm not really interested in playing double bass any time soon so a 2 legged stand isn't a requirement. If any of you know some good bang for the buck hi-hat stands I'd be grateful for the advice. I'm looking to spend between $100-150 max. No issues buying used either, however I'm not sure if there's much around in my local area...

Well, all the manufacturers make three-legged hi-hat stands with rotating bases so if you ever decided to get a double pedal, you can still use the hi-hat stand. That price range you're talking about is right about where the good ones would be. You just need to decide between Tama, Yamaha, Pearl, DW, Ludwig, Gibraltar, Mapex, Sonor......

I own three made by Tama, Yamaha, and Pearl, and they're all great for what I use them for.

Well, all the manufacturers make three-legged hi-hat stands with rotating bases so if you ever decided to get a double pedal, you can still use the hi-hat stand. That price range you're talking about is right about where the good ones would be. You just need to decide between Tama, Yamaha, Pearl, DW, Ludwig, Gibraltar, Mapex, Sonor......

I own three made by Tama, Yamaha, and Pearl, and they're all great for what I use them for.

Hmm, I was looking at maybe the Tama 605 and Yamaha 800 series... do you own/have any experience with those?

Hmm, I was looking at maybe the Tama 605 and Yamaha 800 series... do you own/have any experience with those?

I have that Tama hi-hat stand, but my Yamaha is a 700-series one. The Tama is super solid, as is my Yamaha. I can imagine the 800 being even moreso. Actually, my Yamaha is a single-braced hi-hat, the 800 is a double braced monster. The Tama would do you well, adjustable spring, rotating legs, thick tubing. It'll last for years.

I have a Sonor 400 series that I use for practice and the predecessor of the Sonor 600 series from Sonor which i have used faithfully for gigs for more than 15 years.. The mechanisms and hardware are a little better on the higher end 600 series (made in Germany) but both are very good and very well made. Longevity is the key with Sonor. The 400 series can be purchased under $100.

I got the Yamaha 740 based on recommendations from forum members. Good quality stand. I got it for $80.

I have the single braced yamaha hi-hat stand too, it's good, it's light, you will be happy with it.

I went for the Yamaha 740. Since it's for V Drums I don't think I need a very heavy duty one. Thanks guys.

If it allows the hats to open and close then it is a good hi-hat stand. Most hat stands have a movable leg setup for double bass pedals so if you later decide to add dubs it won't be a problem.

Back