Is it normal ? / How to fix this ?

Norke

Hi everyone !

i just got a Axis AL-2 from someone and i noticed that the right pedal is making a noise when i do some blast beats... you can see on the video, it slides a bit (1-2 mm) from left to right ...
the left one seems very tight compared to the right one.

I'm asking how to fix this because when i blast it makes loud noises....

Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE1EAy1wC5s

Hi Norke, and welcome to the forum.

I have a used pair of Axis longboards and basically I have the same issue - there's some play with the ball bearings (a bit more pronounced on the main pedal). I'm curious what others might say but I suppose there's not much to do about it. Getting some replacement parts from Axis maybe?

That ball bearing play doesn't affect the playing itself though and I don't perceive any noise when actually playing the pedals, even when using swivel technique. So I stopped caring about it.

Maybe you could slip some very thin plastic material between the heel block and the bearing shaft, that might help. I haven't tried this yet.
I guess the play comes from using the pedal(s) but there might be some play even from stock, when you buy them new.

Hi, Arky

glad to see that it doesnt cause problem for you but because i'm "dribling" with the pedal board when doing blast beats, it makes really loud noise...

So you bought this pedal new and you have the same problem as me ? Or it happened after a while ?

thanks !

I got them used, 2nd hand. (Technically, they're rather 3rd hand, haha.) The previous owner had them for a while - I guess for a few years already. So they do have some use. I've never checked out a new Axis pedal so I don't know whether they have some play from stock, although a small one maybe.

It's those pedals BTW, I created a thread on some cosmetic modification I did.
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1204245#post1204245

Let's wait for more Axis users to chime in. Or you could do some search - well possible that people do have some issues with this. I don't remember specific threads but they might exist.

Do you have warranty on your Axis pedals? If so, I'd get in touch with Axis and see what they suggest.

nice thread !

i got mine used too.. but he said he played with them for about 20 hours... so supposed to be almost new...

i will just sell them i think .. and grab a new pair instead...

do you have axis email ? i can't find it on their website...

do you have axis email ? i can't find it on their website...
I just did a google search and found those:

info(at)axispercussion.com / webdesign(at)axispercussion

You might have to wait some time before getting a reply. I think I've heard that they aren't too quick with answering. Or simply phone them.

We also have some pro drummers endorsed by Axis that might help you, too - Derek Roddy, George Kollias, Tim Waterson and a few more.

thank you very much for the first email, i found the second one but i will not email a webmaster it's not his job.
i will sell it, i dont want to waiste time on this, there is already so much things that looses my time already.

thank you very much for your help.

Back